Dart GT roof trim removal help.

-

Tad

Reaction score
I tried searching for another post on this but did not find one. Removing my roof trim to paint in the car and cannot figure out how the roof trim comes off. I have the headliner out. Any help would be great!

I tried searching for another post on this but did not find one. Removing my roof trim to paint in the car and cannot figure out how the roof trim comes off. I have the headliner out. Any help would be great!
There should be nuts on the ends of the pieces that go across roof. There should be plastic clips that hold them in the center portion.
I'm assuming you have a 65-66 GT. The A pillar moldings and the side moldings are attached with screws.

There should be nuts on the ends of the pieces that go across roof. There should be plastic clips that hold them in the center portion.
I'm assuming you have a 65-66 GT. The A pillar moldings and the side moldings are attached with screws.
Yes a 65. There are nuts on either end of the roof trim. The nut is actually part of the sail panel trim that is shaped like a Y. The center section had rubber grommets over the sheet metal screws on the inside that came through the roof. I must need to pop that piece of trim off with a trim tool.

image.jpg
I was able to get most of the trim off. Working around the back window now. Do I have to remove the back window to get this outer piece of chrome trim off? I have the chrome trim that runs across the top of the quarter panel fully released however it’s under the other piece.

View attachment 1715523853 I was able to get most of the trim off. Working around the back window now. Do I have to remove the back window to get this outer piece of chrome trim off? I have the chrome trim that runs across the top of the quarter panel fully released however it’s under the other piece.
Yes, Inner moldings will have to be removed. They are held in with clips. Then the glass and gasket will have to be removed. The outer stainless moldings are attached with screws.

Yes, Inner moldings will have to be removed. They are held in with clips. Then the glass and gasket will have to be removed. The outer stainless moldings are attached with screws.
Thank you. I was kind of avoiding removing the rear glass. I’ve looked for rear glass weatherstripping and the only one I saw was like $300. Any input on where I can find a rear glass weatherstripping cheaper than that?

-
Back