Dart hood on Duster??

-

paintman69

Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone know if a 71 Dart hood (or any year for that matter) fit on a 73 Duster?

Could be wrong, but I think you need 73-76 Duster or Scamp to line everything up on the front

Grant

I want to change up the grill, and bumper too. I know a local guy who has dart parts and the 73 hood on the duster just has to go! Hate it... Cant find any local 70-71 duster hoods, so im hoping I can switch it up with dart parts....

No. Not unless you change the fenders bumper rad support and grill too. 70-72 Darts and Demons also had front valences.

Leave the 73' front on the Duster I had a 74' that I restored several years ago and at first before I painted it I really liked the 72' Duster front and wanted to swap until I couldnt find parts and decided against it, after I painted the car it looked great! (new paint makes everything look good!)
And granted it wasnt a 70-72 Duster but I thought it looked great and had constant complements on it, I painted the 340 Duster hood blackout treatment on it that goes on the tops of the doors around the windows and it really made the pointed nose less noticeable, and I painted the 72 Duster 340 side stripe on it and it also helped with looking the part of a 70-71. Good luck on your project

sorry to hijack, but how bout putting a 70 duster front end on a 73 duster. do i have to cut the rad support off?

sorry to hijack, but how bout putting a 70 duster front end on a 73 duster. do i have to cut the rad support off?

Yes you could do that. Not hard at all. Every thing is a bolt on. You don't need to cut the rad support off when changing front clips to any year style. When I said rad support I was talking about the top panel and the brace.

-
Back