Dart muffler configuration

-

George R

Mopar Nutcase
Reaction score
Hi fellas.
I want to order a set of mufflers for the 340 Dart, but I dunno what the correct configuration of the inlet/outlet should be. I have been thinking the offset inlet and center outlet is what I need, but I don't know for sure. I am going to use a set of stock "over the axle" pipes, so the mufflers have to be the correct orientation in order for the pipes to line up correctly.
What did the factory mufflers have as far as inlet/outlet positions, and also muffler body length?

Thanks in advance.

George

dart 6-22-8 035.JPG

I think I just found the answer in the search feature. Dunno why I didn't see it there before I made this thread.
Any, is the correct configuration offset inlet, and center outlet from the factory?

I couldn't find anything regarding the body length, so if anyone knows, please let me know as I want to order some mufflers today.

Thanks again.

George

George, I'm not 100% on this, but I think your right. The fitment if wrong isn't so bad to make it fit.

yep offset inlet and center outlet is right for an a body:)
think everyone uses that for mopar abodies except pypes for some odd reason

George

Stock exhaust on 69 Darts was offset on the inlets and centers on the exhaust. Mine was setup that way from the factory.

Yeah , they`re offset in/center out and the corners are dented where they would touch the driveshaft. I don`t remember the overall length but I think it`s 22"? You`ll have to check that out. I believe in 68 the muffler inlet was 2.25" and outlets 2.00" and by 69 they had gone to 2.25 in and out.? There`s a member here from Accurate Exhaust (Tom) that can likely show you the way. Great job George, can`t say it enough!

http://www.accurateltd.com/ABodyExhaust.htm

George here`s a link to some info on your Dart exhaust.

-
Back