Dart Painted Top Trim

-

matts69Dart

Reaction score
I posted this over on Moparts, but as usual did not get any replies. I guess I should have tried here first. Live and learn. So here goes. I have a 69 Dart Swinger that came from the factory R4 Charger Red with a Black painted top. I know the painted top cars came with vinyl top trim, but my question concerns the drip rail trim. My car does not have the chrome drip rail trim. It is all painted steel including the corner pieces. Does any one know if the painted top cars ever came without the drip rail trim? If they did, were the drip rails painted black like the top or the main car color? Thanks, Matt

Painted top (that's a different color then the rest of the car) instead of a vinyl top? I had no idea Chrysler did that....

I'm not sure about a-bodies but I have a '66 Belvedere II that is maroon with a factory white painted top. It has chrome drip rail mouldings.
Dallas
missourimopar.com

Yep, paint top. On the Data plate it is shown as being two-tone paint with no vinyl top. Anyone know about the chrome trim?

my guess would be that like anything else ma MOPAR did it could be ordered with or without..., just a thought, but I have seen some really strange stuff over the years

Does any one know if the painted top cars ever came without the drip rail trim? If they did, were the drip rails painted black like the top or the main car color? Thanks, Matt

That's a really good question. I would guess the drip rails were painted the main body color, because they'd have to cut off the black paint some where around the window.

I'll be interested to hear what you find out.

Since this seems to be stumping everyone, does anyone know of a source where I might find out a little more about the painted top Darts? Matt

-
Back