Status
Not open for further replies.

George R

Mopar Nutcase
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a power brake vacuum booster for my 69 Dart Swinger 340.
Must be in working condition, and not rusted.
Car has 10" drum brakes, but I don't know if that matters.

Gromano7471 at charter.net or reply here.

Thanks guys,
George

Well, I would imagine if it will hold vacuum it should work??
Can you please also measure the OD of the band around the booster halves, and if there is a metal tag, please get the numbers.
Thanks for looking, Mike.

George

yep ill measure it for you, and ill check for a tag and for any rust on it, any pieces missing, etc.
what i can also do is if you cant find another, ill just charge really cheap for it and send you it incase their is something in it that needs replacing or whatever, like as a last resort

alright, i looked, i have 2. honestly though im not sure what either is off, one looks a little different than the other. if i get time tomorrow ill take pictures. i got them with a parts package deal that came with my 8 3/4, so i dont know the history of them or anything, i just recieved them with a boatload of other parts.

alright, the one that looked to be in pretty good shape, (and i checked vacuum pressure and it seems to be in good working order), tag goes as follows:

Asco Brake Booster
Type : 14610 - 60011
No : 2F00181
AISIN SEIKI CO. JAPAN

The other not so great looking one is:

Bendix License
Master Vac
Unit No : 223 - 02030
Lot No : 6907 (i believe, or could be 0907)
Jidosha Kiki Co.

like i said, i dont know anything on history of either of these, or even if theyre good brands or whatever.

if anyone knows anything on these, if they arent very good, please dont critisize me, im just trying to help the guy out.

I have a good used power brake booster that came off a running/driving 75 Duster.

No rust or damage, 100.00 + shipping

mopar charlie

Attachments

• A-BODY MOPAR POWER BRAKE BOOSTER FRONT VIEW.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 355
  • A-BODY POWER BRAKE BOOSTER BACK SIDE PHOTO.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 331
I may be interested. Picking up 69 GTS tomorrow. Disc front no pwr. Only thing it has a solid cam. May not have enough vacuum.

what engine does your gts have? If you have a high lift camshaft, then you probably won't have enough vacumm for the brake booster

mopar charlie

Looking for a power brake vacuum booster for my 69 Dart Swinger 340.

Is this the style you're looking for or the larger in diameter booster like the one in post 7?

Attachments

• brake booster 001.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 270
65Dartman,
This WAS exactly like the one I was looking for, but like I told the other poster, I sold that 69 Dart Swinger 340 car in 2008.
Thanks for the post. That booster is flawless, and if I still owned the car I would have bought that from you.

George

65Dartman,
This WAS exactly like the one I was looking for, but like I told the other poster, I sold that 69 Dart Swinger 340 car in 2008.
Thanks for the post. That booster is flawless, and if I still owned the car I would have bought that from you.

George

Oh me - my bad! Should have looked at the dates of the original post. I recently bought this booster from another member and had it restored by "Booster Dewey" out in Oregon. He sure does nice work! BTW not for sale!

I spoke to Booster Dewey back then. He was reasonable for the resto, but he was going away on vacation the day I was talking to him, and I didn't want to wait a month for the booster to get back to me.
My problem was a small tear in the primary rubber diaphram. I bought a tire patch kit from NAPA and did the repair myself. Drove that car everywhere and never had another problem with it.
When I took the booster apart, I saw a small burr on the side of one of the can halfs that actually cut the diaphram. It took 39 years for it to cut through it! LOL

Here is the car just before I sold it.......

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=73795

There is a start-to-finish resto thread here on FABO as well.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back