Dart prod #`s

-

Rick 5150 69

Reaction score
I was banging around in the Tech Archives, looked around in the Dart prod #`s , didnot see any `67-GTS, now I know they made them because I owned one, all I have is a few old pics, I can probably get scanned in, `67 383-GTS, 727, 323 suregrip, HD sus, KH discs, Black on Black, Car #16 on the Vin or the Tag don`t remember! Why did thy not include them? Rick

The 67 wasn't factory production. They were screwed together at Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge. :salute:

The 67 GTS WAS factory produced. There were 457 of them. 229 four speed, 228 automatic. No convertible breakdown is available. VINs were LP23H7 for the hardtop and LP27H7 for the convertible. Mr. Norm was involved in the production of the 68 440 Darts (GSS, not GTS) not the 67 GTS. Plymouth had already put the 383 Formula S together and in 66 there a Valiant test mule with a 383.

Jim it's funny that you posted that. I was looking at the article that you wrote around 89 in the Chrysler Power magazine about all those numbers just the other day. That was a great read.

Thanks. That was so long ago. Information on the 67 GTS was so sketchy at that point. I had never seen one in person when I wrote the article and then had a chance to buy one later that year, but I would have had to sell my 68 GTS convertible. I wasn't willing to do that. They were so unknown that the California Highway Patrol book of possible VINs did not include them (might still not have them).

My brother law had a 67 GTS, 340 a/t, dark green with a black vinyl top. That was in high school in '72. that car was totaled in the winter of 72. It was quick though, he said he was only going about 30 when he hit a pole. The impact drove the motor about 12'' into the firewall.

GTGrinly said:
My brother law had a 67 GTS, 340 a/t, dark green with a black vinyl top. That was in high school in '72. that car was totaled in the winter of 72. It was quick though, he said he was only going about 30 when he hit a pole. The impact drove the motor about 12'' into the firewall.

NOT an original 340 car. ALL 67 GTS' had 383s.

I owned the car for 7 years during that time it became a weekend warrior as well, only changes made to it were a pinion snubber and a Eledebrock CB3x ( the manifold alone would be worth some thing now to a collector) with a holley 780, and had the rear wheels changed to a full 7 inch rim, with 391 gears it ran a best of 12.90/110, had to nurse it off the line, always on street tires! Rick

-
Back