dart sport headers

-

farmer260

73 Dart Sport
Reaction score
i am putting a HO 360 in my 73 Dart sport and I want to run headers! what should i look for? i would like to get a good set of headers but i dont want to empty the bank account! brand names would be a help!

well the tti headers are way out of my budget! are there any other headers that would be good for street use?

TTi's are by far the best "street headers"

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=30864

If you want to go cheapo headers, $99 set of Summit Racing headers will fit the bill. Just know that they hang low so crank those torsion bars up. Also, installation will be a pain. Plan on spending the whole afternoon installing them.

These are both ends of the extremes. You didn't give us an idea of your budget. We know $700 TTi's are out of the question.

Mancini Racing has Hookers (HKR5901) for $169.95 or Hedmans (HED78050) for $149.95. IMO the Hedmans are a better fit and don't require as many mods.

I know you said your on a budget,but theres no other header but tti's that i'll ever use until another one thats better comes out...

i like the sound of the tti's!!! i will see if i can get some money gathered up! go big or go home! im getting a sweet engine may as well not cheep out now!

thing with the tti's are that you wont need to replace them every year like the cheaper designs dragin the ground all the time ;) most other brands are basicly the same old design so you can pick anyone of them and know that they are basicly the same...
dont think the huggers fit very well, feels like most of them would dump right into the steeringbox?

I used the Headman Tight Tube. These are block huggers and they are not expensive. The best part is that they come in and out of the car from the top without any effort. No unbolting the engine or anything like it. I will say that you need to spend some time fabing up the drivers side because its tight between the pan and the steering link, but it can be done. Very good ground clearance.

103_0382.jpg

You can buy $220 ceramic coated Flowtech headers through JC Whitney for about $176 plus ship[ping. They offer 20% off anything over $200 purchased in their catalogs. They would be a decent option if you want to save money.

The installation will be a pain just like all headers except the TTI's which are made to install somewhat easier.

Dougs are another option. Fit up tight like tti, nothing under the steering gear.

D453

The TTI's are a work of art. Worth every penny. If it were me, I would just use manifolds until you can get the good ones.

The only downside to the headers its they make it very very tight to work on anything on the lower drivers side of the engine bay (steering, starter, transmission ect.)

Hey farmer260.

I've got Dyno Max ceramics on my Demon with a 360. They don't rub anywhere and they wern't to bad to put on seeing as I had the engine out anyway. They are up good and high as well. The only time they dragged on me was when I broke a torsion bar.

Jack

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

I will do one better and give you the link.
http://www.hedman.com/pages/hedmanmain.html

Its great beeing able to get headers out without hours of work. Like I mentioned before, you will have do some work on the drivers side to get it to fit. Beeing creative is the best word. The drivers side dumps in a bit of a tight spot. Im not sure you can get it to work unless you are useing a mini starter. Thats it, if you go with them I will show you what I made, a 2 1/2" pipe from the header to the H pip. I had a feeling some day someone might want to take a look at my creation. LOL.

I just noticed it wont take you right to the headers. From the top left corner select "Street Rod" then "Tight Tubs"

-
Back