Dart Steering Coupler Issue

-

rod7515

Reaction score
A few months ago there was a member on here that was selling rebuild kits for the steering coupler. Since my column was out I thought I would do a rebuild so I bought the kit. Price was right, it was shipped very quick but now the problem......... I cant find it! I put it somewhere that I would loose it. Yep I lost it. Its here somewhere but I spent an hour tonight and havent come up with it yet. Its frustrating. I know im getting older but its the first part I bought and cant find. Well I just thought I would share this issue and ask how many others have done this and also does it happen more as I get even older? lol
Thanks for your ear,
Rod
By the way, if anyone has a pic of the one they bought maybe the box and packing it came in would help if you could post a pic!

Seems about once per week during past 2 years ( I'm 59 ).
I'll see a member needing some simple little easy ship part and I think , "Yeah I have that". On second thought, I better go look. Well shoot, cant find it, must have let it go already.
Most recent was chrome seat adjust knobs. I found 1 spare black on the shelves.
Good hunting

It happens to me quite often. For some reason, if you buy another one, the first one will show up right away.

I came home early today and went out to shed to lok with day light sun. I found it in the box i looked at 3 times last night. I guess old age isnt going to be to me! Lol
Rod

Hello, can you supply a link or details for where you got the coupling. I have a 65 dart gt and my coupling needs replacing. Its a bit hard finding bits as I am in new zealand, so looking for a relyable source of part supply from USA. Thanks

I have a little gremlin in my shop named Scottie. The little devil takes stuff. I will look for it for a minimum of an hour, sometimes days or months. THEN the little sob will put it back just where I left it. I HATE him!!! Getting older isn't fun but you have to laugh or you will go crazy, it would be a short trip for me.
Yote

-
Back