Dart Transplant

-

chad72duster

Reaction score
well the dart transplant is about done. Got the engine and tranny all in. The dist back in and the carb set , just need to go to the junk yard and get some pulleys to make the PS work , stick in the radiator and off she goes. How much abuse will this 7 1/4 take before I detonate it.

I will get yall some Pics as soon as the swap is done and i can get her cleaned up.

The 340 should wake up the old dart :D

the 7 1/4 will last for about .3 seconds on your first hard launch if you are making any kind of power. If you launch on it, and the right rear tire doesnt immediately spin, you might as well get ready to replace it, because something WILL break

My Valiant has a 7 1/4, posi 3:90 gears. I've got 350 horses easy. 3000 stall, 5.1 kickdown lever, stage 2 shift kit, so when she kicks down, boy she kicks down. Roasts 'em all through 2nd. SO FAR... I haven't had a bit of problems with the 7.25. I'm not saying I won't, but, so far so good. :eek: Hopefully I won't either. I just think it's cool to have a tiny rear end in your car. And all the Chevy and Ford boys are like, "what the hell is that little thing". My response is... Oh that, Something for you to look at when your behind me. :lol:

-
Back