Dart? What is wrong with this picture

-

trapster

Reaction score
Anyone see anything wrong with this picture ?

Must be a European thing.

This is from the prince's Car museum in Monte Carlo.

DSC06618_small.JPG

Wrong drivers door mirror. Mopar didn't put rectangle mirrors on early Darts.
toolman

You mean besides the JC Whitney mirror and the fact that the headlight rings aren't beat to crap? The only thing that catches my eye are the yellow non sealed beam headlights. Those were required by the French auto standards of the time. A little quirky but the French have always been delightfully bizarre. :toothy10:

Sorry but the picture didn't come out when I reduced the size.

The sign says it is a 1964 Dodge Dart

untitled.JPG

Yep. Definitely a '65. Prince could have purchased it in late 64 which could account for confusion. A VIN & body tag rub or build sheet would confirm.

The paint is ZZ1 Pale Turquoise Poly (Ditzler 12898).

Looks like a non-Mopar exterior rear view mirror. (Can't recall when stopped as an option and became standard on the A-body). Even so, I can't remember a Mopar mirror that ever looked like that one.

Yellow headlights were required in France until mid-80s at least. Let the French spot the furriners and very effective in fog.

The sign lists the car as a D270 but it has the chrome "basket handle" roof trim that came on the GT. This trim was installed with and without the canopy vinyl roof that was offered in 65 & 66.

The 16CV = 16 chevaux (horsepower tax class). Lower is better unless you like paying taxes.

-
Back