Dart Windshield Interchangability

-

gerahead

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
In spite of all of my careful effort, I managed to crack the tinted windshield that I removed from my 71 Dart ](*,). Can anyone tell me what other years/models are compatible? I want to make sure I track one down as quickly as I can. Thanks.

That glass was probably loaded with sand pits anyway given its age.
Nothing compares to looking through a clean new glass. Just my 2 cents.

The Demon/Sport windshield is different than the hardtop windshield. I THINK the sedans had different windshields than the hardtops.

You will probably want a gasket, too. The best deal I have found is Danno Enterprises @ $75 for front or rear. I ordered mine last Friday and received it on Wednesday.

2 door hardtops from 67 to 76 likely the same. (Dart and Valiant, not Dart Sport or Duster.)
2 door POST and 4 door 67 to 76 like the same. (about an inch shorter)

2 door hardtops from 67 to 76 likely the same. (Dart and Valiant, not Dart Sport or Duster.)
2 door POST and 4 door 67 to 76 like the same. (about an inch shorter)
That's funny, the 66 and b4 the 4 door are taller!

In spite of all of my careful effort, I managed to crack the tinted windshield that I removed from my 71 Dart ](*,). Can anyone tell me what other years/models are compatible? I want to make sure I track one down as quickly as I can. Thanks.
PPG Vintage
Ebay has a vendor that sells all the time up next to you in your state.

Should've clarified that. 4 door and 2 door are different. All Dart 2 door models from 67-72 are the same. No Duster, Dart Sport, Demon or any other Duster body style will work. I agree that a new windshield is the way to go. I bought a new front for my 67 Cuda convertible For $129.00 out of Pennsylvania, and had it brought back from Carlyle. Good luck with your project, Geof

67 thru 76 and 4 door glass is approx. 2 inches taller than the 2 door glass unless its a 2 door post sedan.
Duster, Demon, Dart Sport, windows have rounded corrners.

This is getting confusing. From 70 on, it is necessary to match the body type for the windshield. The Duster/Demon/Dart Sport windshields will interchange amongst themselves but not other body types. Likewise the 2 dr hard top Scamp/Swinger. Likewise the 4 door sedans will interchange. The glass has different height for each of the three body styles and, in the case of the fastbacks, the upper corners are different. Funny, the pivoting vent window glass will interchange, but not the gasketing.

All 2 door dart glass is not the same.

67-69 2 Door post cars (21) use the same windshield as 4 door cars.

67-76 2 Door (23) code use the same glass.

70-76 Duster/Demon/Dart Sport (29) use a different piece from the other two

You won't get a post car glass to fit a non-post car and vice-versa

Here's what went in our 67 4 door Dart
Domestic Windshield part # = "DW 691"
NO NEW GASKET AVAIL. FOR 67 4 door!!! Must use old one.
gasket for 68 & up with reviel molding should be part# WCRD 691 (Precision brand)
There's a vendor on EBAY close to you who sells these windshields!!!
Good Luck!
If you have a 2 door EVERYTHING is available as new repops!

Just a bump for those of you who are wondering- A 4-door or post windshield trim will NOT work on a hardtop.

I pulled the trim of the 4-dr I have here to try on my 2-dr HT figureing at worst that I would have to trim and inch or two off the side pieces.. But as it turns out while the bottom looks the same and you can indeed trim the side pieces the top of the 4-dr glass trim is an inch too short for the HT.

Just an FYI to pass along..

I have a 74 Dart Sport and need a windshield.

this gets very confusing when browsing through web stores like rock auto. they list one part number for a 2 door coupe as a Dart 71-76 or Duster 70-75 (w/o bracket whatever the he that means , what bracket). Was there a Duster Coupe?

Then they list a second part number as a 2 door hardtop as a Dart 67-75, Barracuda 67-69 Valiant 71-75. but absolutely no mention of a duster under this part number.

The 3rd part number is for all 4 doors?

So your left with not knowing which to choose, and for sure if the damn thing will fit my application

I have a 74 Dart Sport and need a windshield.

this gets very confusing when browsing through web stores like rock auto. they list one part number for a 2 door coupe as a Dart 71-76 or Duster 70-75 (w/o bracket whatever the he that means , what bracket). Was there a Duster Coupe?

Then they list a second part number as a 2 door hardtop as a Dart 67-75, Barracuda 67-69 Valiant 71-75. but absolutely no mention of a duster under this part number.

The 3rd part number is for all 4 doors?

So your left with not knowing which to choose, and for sure if the damn thing will fit my application

Unless you are determined to do it yourself, contact Safelite. I don't think anyone in Austin has the glass, but Safelite (corporate) stocks it and can install.

Unless you are determined to do it yourself, contact Safelite. I don't think anyone in Austin has the glass, but Safelite (corporate) stocks it and can install.[/QUOTE

I did contact Safelite in Austin and they said they can get the glass for $178.56 but they will not install it or warrantee it once it leaves their possession.
At least they asked for the VIN so I would think they would get the correct windshield glass.

Another glass company in Austin (Aztek) says they can get the glass for $179 and will deliver it to me for free, but wont install it. All they asked was if it was a coupe or hard top. I replied Hard Top so maybe they would get the correct piece also.

Well that's cheaper then rock auto at $224. and you hope it's not broken in shipment and you get the correct piece.

I have installed glass before, it's not that big of a deal.

chrgr 1 read your response again ,you have answered your own question #1 option is what a dart sport needs , duster option. another way would be to find the nags #(glass specific #) for your car & search by that #

check around you might be surprised at what an installed costs.

Lawrence

chrgr 1 read your response again ,you have answered your own question #1 option is what a dart sport needs , duster option. another way would be to find the nags #(glass specific #) for your car & search by that #

check around you might be surprised at what an installed costs.

Lawrence

Whats confusing is that their option #1 lists this part as fitting a coupe. My 74 Dart Sport is a hardtop. Unless of course if the pop out window classifies it as a post coupe car

67-76 Dart 2dr and 67-9 Cuda use the same glass (HT). The 70-6 Duster,Dart Sport and Demon are coupes (Different glass), 67-9 Valiant 2 & 4 dr sedans use the same glass as 70-3 valiant 4 dr sedans are sedan only. The 67-76 4dr Darts use the same sedan front glass as a Valiant,the rear is Dart sedan only. This is front and back glass

You can kinda see what I'm getting at here.
when people are looking for parts it is real easy to become confused with what you read on a web site, with what people tell you it is, verses what it really is. It can become difficult to get the right part.

We've always thought a coupe had a B pillar a post between the front and rear side windows, a hardtop did not.

Chrysler lists my 74 Dart Sport LM29 as a 2 Door Sports Hardtop but it isn't really like in the case of windshield glass, then it's a coupe.

Maybe it is because of the rear side pop out window. It is fixed and doesn't roll down, just pops out to the side.

Well in any case it is like the Duster and Demon
Not like the Scamp, Swinger, Valiant

-
Back