Dart windshield seal info needed

-

abqphilbert

Reaction score
Can someone explain the difference to me between the '67 Dart windshield seal and the '68? When I found it sitting out in the desert, my '67 had only a rubber seal in it, with no trim - no stainless moldings, and no press-in lock strip. The drive train is completed, body & paint work all done, brakes & suspension ready to stop & suspend, dash & wiring and lights all done. Getting the headliner in this week, so . . . it's time for the glass. I've been told a '68 seal will work in the '67 body, but the trim won't be right. Uh . . . I have no trim. Will the press-in lock strips fit into the '68 seal? Can anybody out there enlighten me on this?
Thanks.

I would use 68-76 seals and add the chrome from a 68-76 Just remember to install the clips for the chrome around the frame before you install the rubber. That is just what I would do. Screw the plastic chrome pop in molding. Use the black rubber bead if needed. The stainless trim is a nicer finish. Guys are always upgrading this on 67 cars.

If it were me, I would do as Oldmanmopar suggest. Use the link 67Dart273 provided, http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/p...l/viewall.html
The only added steps are pre-drilling holes for the clips and getting new trim.
I have ordered the same seal and clips mentioned by Oklacarcollecto in another thread. They are listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/WindshieldS...2490b1&vxp=mtr
I called the # they have in the listing, ordered direct, and got it for $92.50 with shipping. $7.50 less than listed on ebay.
I have been looking for months and this is the best deal I have found.
Quality wise, don't know yet. It wont be here for a couple more days and it will be another week before I get it installed. It does come with a Manufacturer's Lifetime Warranty. So, thats a start.
Good Luck!

Thank you all for the feedback. I've looked at the links and videos suggested, and at least understand the differences between the seal types and year models. For now, I'll put the glass in with a '68 seal, because they're reasonably priced and available. That'll get me on the road, then I can think about it - and look around for a '68 molding set or a '67 seal, and decide what I want to do. It's not a big deal pulling the glass out later and installing the '68-type clips if I decide to go that route.
As always, the input is greatly appreciated.

In my mind, this was an incredibly easy decision once I understood what the change was

Most of these cars are not "rare" so trying to keep them "restore correct" is not in my plans

There was probably a good reason Ma changed the design.........the 68 later was better!!!!

These girls aren't getting any younger, so in a few more years, you might not be able to get the 67 stuff at all, and it's quite a bit more expensive now.

-
Back