Dartin for Divorce

-
Been a crazy week! Work was amazing, placed my first and 2nd implant on patients this week. We also had a couple of staff meetings.

Then I did some halloween decorating...

Then my father in law finally got here so I had to help him and my brother in law unload their uhaul.

I have had my father in laws truck in my driveway behind the dart for the past week, so the dart hasn't really moved.

For the truck I bought some vinyl wrap to match the paint so I can get rid of a bunch of the chrome on the truck. For the dart I'm waiting for black Friday sales to buy aluminum heads. Also a lift/tires for the truck on black Friday. Still haven't decided on what to do with the dart yet. I love driving it and don't want to really take it apart for paint just yet. Just feel like when I take it apart it is going to turn into a LONG time of no driving it.

20210927_193703.jpg

20211002_162811.jpg

20211002_162819.jpg

20211002_162750.jpg

20210929_122119.jpg

:eek: Dang! What is the deal with that one tooth that looks like it has a jellyfish stuck in it?

That tooth has a root canal done to it, then a crown over the top of the tooth. All I did was the implant in front of it.

I wondered if it might have been a root canal. Looks like you did a dang good job on the implant. It's lined up perfectly with the one next to it!

:thumbsup:

DD, a suggestion on aluminum head purchase. Consider "calling" and talking to whichever company you're "thinking" of purchasing from, talk to Tech Support and tell them about your car, have weight, engine (and what its present set up is), carb, headers, rear ratio, trans information (and if you know stall on converter). Let them know your intended type of driving. I "highly recommend" purchasing a "already figured out" kit (cam, fully built heads, etc.), from them. Listen to what they suggest, they've already done testing and engineering to find best combinations for what you have and intended use. Now, if you already have a good intake, carb & ignition system you can (and ask them if what you have will work "well" for their kit) just get their heads, cam & lifters. Just my thoughts as if you only buy heads your present cam, intake, ignition & carb may be a big disappointment to you. Kits are already figured out for applications. Just my thoughts.

DD, a suggestion on aluminum head purchase. Consider "calling" and talking to whichever company you're "thinking" of purchasing from, talk to Tech Support and tell them about your car, have weight, engine (and what its present set up is), carb, headers, rear ratio, trans information (and if you know stall on converter). Let them know your intended type of driving. I "highly recommend" purchasing a "already figured out" kit (cam, fully built heads, etc.), from them. Listen to what they suggest, they've already done testing and engineering to find best combinations for what you have and intended use. Now, if you already have a good intake, carb & ignition system you can (and ask them if what you have will work "well" for their kit) just get their heads, cam & lifters. Just my thoughts as if you only buy heads your present cam, intake, ignition & carb may be a big disappointment to you. Kits are already figured out for applications. Just my thoughts.

Yea all my engine stuff is pretty new carb, lifters, ignition. Intake is upgraded etc.

Thanks for the advice!

I've been trying to do reading in the SB and the racers forum to see different people's set ups. I don't plan on putting the AL heads on my current 340.

The part that confuses me is the cam selection, since talking and reading cam cards is Chinese to me. I'll probably just start a "pick a cam for me" thread then ask @70aarcuda what he recommends lol.

Yea all my engine stuff is pretty new carb, lifters, ignition. Intake is upgraded etc.

Thanks for the advice!

I've been trying to do reading in the SB and the racers forum to see different people's set ups. I don't plan on putting the AL heads on my current 340.

The part that confuses me is the cam selection, since talking and reading cam cards is Chinese to me. I'll probably just start a "pick a cam for me" thread then ask @70aarcuda what he recommends lol.

Can't hurt to give a call, tell them what you have presently and ask for cam & head recommendations. Then confirm with Rusty.

Front and rear bumper wrapped. First time ever doing big pieces on the outside of the car. I think it looks great for it really being my first time.

The rear mirrors got brand new paint matched caps, so those are not chrome anymore and then I just sanded then painted the tow hooks. We see how they hold up.

Now to just debadge it and wrap the window trim.

My father in laws truck is no longer behind the dart so I started it and pulled it out of the garage, took a bit to start since all the gas was out of the lines, but she still purrs when running. Now my wife's grandpa's truck is sitting behind the dart, maybe I'll drive it a bit next week.

My kids caught their first fish today in one of our neighborhood ponds.

20210919_131157.jpg

20211010_183022.jpg

20211008_151251.jpg

20211009_133121.jpg

20211008_175130.jpg

20211010_104943.jpg

20211010_162846.jpg

20211010_152752.jpg

That black-out treatment seems to have been done tastefully. I love fishing, and was introduced to the concept at the age of 7. Kudos for the truck, and double-kudos for the Dad-manship.

That black-out treatment seems to have been done tastefully. I love fishing, and was introduced to the concept at the age of 7. Kudos for the truck, and double-kudos for the Dad-manship.

Thanks! The black wrap isn't straight black, it has a metallic flake in it to match the paint really well. I'm going to leave the grill chrome so I have some contrast and not just straight black out, like everyone else. I just now need to figure out what wheels to get for the truck so I can get started with the lift.

Fishing is fun, the kids only reel in the fish. They have a hard time casting the lines and actually hooking the fish when the bobber is going going crazy.

I have to admit, I do like the results, I thought it would look too "ghetto" when you first described the plan, but seeing the how much better it looks, I like it.
:thumbsup:
Looks like the kids had a good time too!

Looks good. Yep you live in fishing Heaven.
Checkout Trout fishing too and all the state fish hatcheries scattered around.

I used to go trout fishing all the time in Southern Utah, would walk the rivers and cast in my line. Clean em up and cook them over the campfire with some lemon. Yummy.

I've been busy with work, also having some growing pains with my owner at my work. Hoping to get it all worked out soon though.

As for the dart, I haven't moved it since I got the truck. My father in laws truck was parked in front of it, then right when that was gone my grandparents truck was parked in front of it.

The plan is still to get some aluminum heads on black Friday if speedometer has their sale, then I'll focus on buying other parts after. Hopefully the backlog on parts subsides at some point in the next 6-12 months.

Dang! Feels like forever since I've been on! I hope everyone is doing doing great and has a happy Thanksgiving.

We have been having family in town pretty much every weekend it feels like, so I haven't been able to work on the dart much nor does it "need" anything...

I drive it on Fridays and the weekends at times still, last week it was making a very weird noise when I tried to get the transmission kick down. It sounded like a bunch of clanking and rattling under the car, it had already been warmed up for about 30 minutes of driving. Manually shifting it has no problems so I assume it's my cable, I'll mess with it at some point.

I still haven't been able to snag a 340 or 360 block yet, but I have the speedmaster aluminum heads in my cart for if they have their 40% off black Friday sale. I'm getting the fully furnished heads, since it's easier for me to do it that way. I also have the aluminum rockers in my cart as well, and will probably throw some head gaskets in the cart.

Ps- it's freaking cold in Missouri right now, definitely colder than the Las Vegas desert haha.

The kids love when I pick them up from school still.

20211105_163007.jpg

Dang! Feels like forever since I've been on! I hope everyone is doing doing great and has a happy Thanksgiving.

We have been having family in town pretty much every weekend it feels like, so I haven't been able to work on the dart much nor does it "need" anything...

I drive it on Fridays and the weekends at times still, last week it was making a very weird noise when I tried to get the transmission kick down. It sounded like a bunch of clanking and rattling under the car, it had already been warmed up for about 30 minutes of driving. Manually shifting it has no problems so I assume it's my cable, I'll mess with it at some point.

I still haven't been able to snag a 340 or 360 block yet, but I have the speedmaster aluminum heads in my cart for if they have their 40% off black Friday sale. I'm getting the fully furnished heads, since it's easier for me to do it that way. I also have the aluminum rockers in my cart as well, and will probably throw some head gaskets in the cart.

Ps- it's freaking cold in Missouri right now, definitely colder than the Las Vegas desert haha.

The kids love when I pick them up from school still.

View attachment 1715826038
Glad to hear from you. I was ready to send out the search party
Glad you are well and happy Thanksgiving to you and your beautiful family.

Oh and I built a fence for my side yards, my wife has been saying she needs a fence so I made her one for under 75 bucks.

Pallets were free from the construction site behind our house. All I had to buy was concrete, some screws, hinges for the gate and a latch. Then it took about 8 hours to dig the holes, fill them, cut the pallets to width etc.

Currently I have 17 of the 25 pallets that I need to fence in the rear of our backyard hopefully I can start on that project by next weekend.

I also refinished my wife's table and benches, they are 100x better.

20211107_161112.jpg

20211107_161035.jpg

20211123_205553.jpg

Glad to hear from you. I was ready to send out the search party
Glad you are well and happy Thanksgiving to you and your beautiful family.

Thanks! Yea it's been different moving to a new state, family visiting and working full time. Plus I haven't been working on the dart since it doesn't need anything, I only have wants for it right now lol.

-
Back