Dartin for Divorce

-
So true I bought a black ram this spring, I hate the black, but it looks great for an hr or so after cleaning it.
On the shifters, I hate the twist knob thing, I also have a 17 ram that has the normal lever, I like it alot more.
Damn that is a short bed on that truck, I could not deal with that, a truck should at least have a 6 ft bed on it.

I love the shifter. The other brands still have the lever behind the wheel and the interiors all feel like they are 20+ years old. This thing is a beauty...

Last shiny black car I had was a 2013 Mustang GT convert. Loved the car, but hated the way it looked with a later of dust on it. With the winds around here it would have a layer of dust on it within an hour of washing it, even if it was in the garage.

Last edited:
I had a 71 340 Cuda ALL black, a 71 383 Challenger vert all black, a 69 Charger RT all black, a 87 slant 1/2 t. Ram, all black.... They were never clean, maybe 20 seconds after their bath!! I have white cars that stay clean forever....go figure!!!!
Beds? My 95 Cummins extended cab Ram 3500 has a real bed...8 foot!!!

I had a 71 340 Cuda ALL black, a 71 383 Challenger vert all black, a 69 Charger RT all black, a 87 slant 1/2 t. Ram, all black.... They were never clean, maybe 20 seconds after their bath!! I have white cars that stay clean forever....go figure!!!!
Beds? My 95 Cummins extended cab Ram 3500 has a real bed...8 foot!!!
My 17 Ram 3500 also has a 8' bed, pia around town, but the long wheelbase makes it a nice tow vehicle.
I daily drive the standard cab short box Ram 1500, the ride and fuel mileage is so much better than the 3500.
Gni1c7.jpg

TfpL8L.jpg

Oh man, I am in love with my decision to get this truck... the thing rides like a Cadillac. It's been "colder" the past 2 days... remote start let it warm up, turn the butt warmers on and then when I walk out it's nice and toasty. Windshield wipers work amazing, no more "can I see and will these keep working" thoughts. Also hands free blue tooth to call my self wife on the drive home. Then for gas mileage, on the highway I'm averaging almost 20mpg, but city driving about 15mpg. It's wonderful.

Now just trying to figure out a shop or how I will get my bumpers color matched to the truck. I think I may leave the grill but body match everything else and debadge the truck. Kind of like the 2nd photo.

I do agree keeping black clean is harder but honestly all I do is drive on the highway so no big dirty dirt roads. It's a little messy on the outside from the rain right now, but I'll nothing a car wash won't fix. I'll get the unlimited car wash at the local drive through.

20210919_131157.jpg

4efe836dd8499d555faab5fc12c12aef.jpg

Oh you young guys. No idea what' its like going outside when it's 20 degrees and using a broom to push 8" of snow off your car so you can open the door, get in and crank the engine with a carburetor, sit there for awhile until you can idle it down one step, then go back in the house and have a cup of coffee. About the time coffee is done you can go back out and scrape the windshield to head off to work!! Of course you can still see your breath since the heater barely puts out.

Oh, the good ole days!!

Oh you young guys. No idea what' its like going outside when it's 20 degrees and using a broom to push 8" of snow off your car so you can open the door, get in and crank the engine with a carburetor, sit there for awhile until you can idle it down one step, then go back in the house and have a cup of coffee. About the time coffee is done you can go back out and scrape the windshield to head off to work!! Of course you can still see your breath since the heater barely puts out.

Oh, the good ole days!!
Top that off with packing the engine compartment with insulation and an electric heater cause you have a cracked or warped head and praying for 20 degree weather. PLUS leaving the radiator cap loose so the leaking heater core doesn't fill the cab with moisture. Oh, the good old days!!!!

Oh, the good ole days!!

Top that off with packing the engine compartment with insulation and an electric heater cause you have a cracked or warped head and praying for 20 degree weather. PLUS leaving the radiator cap loose so the leaking heater core doesn't fill the cab with moisture. Oh, the good old days!!!!

I walked 5 miles to school in 4ft if snow, uphill both ways in socks because my shoes were wet all while carrying a trombone....

:poke::rofl:

Oh, the good ole days!!
Then using same broom to wedge between seat and gas pedal to keep the damn thing running.

Oh man, I am in love with my decision to get this truck... the thing rides like a Cadillac. It's been "colder" the past 2 days... remote start let it warm up, turn the butt warmers on and then when I walk out it's nice and toasty. Windshield wipers work amazing, no more "can I see and will these keep working" thoughts. Also hands free blue tooth to call my self wife on the drive home. Then for gas mileage, on the highway I'm averaging almost 20mpg, but city driving about 15mpg. It's wonderful.

Now just trying to figure out a shop or how I will get my bumpers color matched to the truck. I think I may leave the grill but body match everything else and debadge the truck. Kind of like the 2nd photo.

I do agree keeping black clean is harder but honestly all I do is drive on the highway so no big dirty dirt roads. It's a little messy on the outside from the rain right now, but I'll nothing a car wash won't fix. I'll get the unlimited car wash at the local drive through.

View attachment 1715794047

View attachment 1715794049

Wait till the first snow!!? :rofl::thumbsup: said "Once you go black,you never go back":poke::poke::poke:

All kidding aside, DOC has worked hard and deserves something fancy and comfortable!!
And now, he has to spend the rest of his life starring in Yahoos mouth!!!! OK so it pays darn well!

All kidding aside, DOC has worked hard and deserves something fancy and comfortable!!
And now, he has to spend the rest of his life starring in Yahoos mouth!!!! OK so it pays darn well!

Well I agree to an extent. I still got 1/2 million in student loan debt lol. I do love my job and my paychecks have been very rewarding but Uncle Sam is definitely coming for his money :(

The truck is pretty dang sweet though.

^^^Hey Doc, these old Mopars and parts are a tax write off!!!
Invest in cattle and Mo. chicken ranches!!!:rofl::thumbsup::confederateflag::BangHead:

Are you talking about chickens like the animal or chicken ranch like women lol. We had those in Nevada lol.

My goal is to invest in rentals and car washes out here. You can't drive by the car wash and not see a line at it.

Are you talking about chickens like the animal or chicken ranch like women lol. We had those in Nevada lol.

My goal is to invest in rentals and car washes out here. You can't drive by the car wash and not see a line at it.

In Mo. chicken is poultry! Cattle is where burgers and steak come from!! lol But you would not go hungry!!
I bet rental stuff can be pretty good since Springfield is a college town.

-
Back