Dartin for Divorce

-
I hope it burns... this is as close as I could get it after another... couple of hours.

Good news, breaks are still feeling great!

Probably doesn't help that my door is a smidge off as well, but holy cow do my fingers hurt... right now I can roll down and roll up the rear window and it goes where it is "supposed" to go... at least I don't have to yank the rear glass anymore to get it to slide back up into place.

20210808_201522.jpg

20210808_194204.jpg

I hope it burns... this is as close as I could get it after another... couple of hours.

Probably doesn't help that my door is a smidge off as well, but holy cow do my fingers hurt... right now I can roll down and roll up the rear window and it goes where it is "supposed" to go... at least I don't have to yank the rear glass anymore to get it to slide back up into place.

View attachment 1715778197

View attachment 1715778198
Need to save those fingers for work tomorrow.

That's what my wife said... she said I gotta be able to use my hands for work and to make money. But fudge, I just want my windows to work properly.
I hear ya. I used to stay up late and even call in sick to work so I could work on these pieces of ****. LOL

View attachment 1715778197

View attachment 1715778198

The door is off....a lot. Think about it. If the door is off at the body line, how far off is the window at the TOP when it's rolled up all the way? You get what I'm saying? It gets further and further out the more that imaginary line goes out. It's out bad.

The door is off....a lot. Think about it. If the door is off at the body line, how far off is the window at the TOP when it's rolled up all the way? You get what I'm saying? It gets further and further out the more that imaginary line goes out. It's out bad.

I know. I need to adjust it but I can only adjust it so much because the door catch cylinder this broke past year. Using the old Jerry rigged way of large flat washers to keep it all connected.

It's not the window. The door is out of alignment badly. Look how low the door is compared to the front of the quarter. Look at the lines. It's a total mismatch.

This is as close as I could get the door to line up... but my window isn't lined up when I roll it up unless I pull on the window a smidgen. I'll try again another day.

20210809_200446.jpg

20210809_200507.jpg

This is as close as I could get the door to line up... but my window isn't lined up when I roll it up unless I pull on the window a smidgen. I'll try again another day.

View attachment 1715778753

View attachment 1715778754

How does the door look at the front gap top and bottom, the bottom gap and all of the gap at the quarter? Unless the door is right, you'll never get the window right.

can't you adjust the glass in the door to fit to the rear glass. all the hardtop cars i've owned (not just mopar) had track/runner adjustment in all directions so the glass would sit, open and close correctly in relation to the car body and rear glass. you could tip the glass in and out at the top both ends as well as up and down both ends.

Looks lined up in your Pic's. Would a new rubber seal around the window help?

How does the door look at the front gap top and bottom, the bottom gap and all of the gap at the quarter? Unless the door is right, you'll never get the window right.

The door looks much straighter and the door gap looks really good.

can't you adjust the glass in the door to fit to the rear glass. all the hardtop cars i've owned (not just mopar) had track/runner adjustment in all directions so the glass would sit, open and close correctly in relation to the car body and rear glass. you could tip the glass in and out at the top both ends as well as up and down both ends.

I've never tried adjusting the front window, I'm sure it does have some adjustment in it though. I'll try another day, tonight just relaxing.

This is as close as it is going to get. I'll mess with it again when I have new weather stripping, interior and car painted. For now, this will be just fine...

Brakes have also been holding strong. I still have a touch of air in the system and maybe I'll be able to convince the wife to help bleed them again, maybe next weekend.

20210814_163520.jpg

20210814_163526.jpg

Finally put the carbon fiber vinyl on the drivers side... it looks really good, the picture is a little hard to see because how bright it is outside.

20210815_162407.jpg

20210815_162412.jpg

20210815_162337.jpg

Oh I got a new stash of parts today that I ordered last weekend when I was fighting with the brakes. Since the brakes have been working well I'm going to keep them in the boxes and hold onto them... until there is no motor in the car :thumbsup:

I also got this cool new shop vac, my old one sucked (and not in the proper shop vac way) and this was 80 bucks at sams club. Its super nice.

Then I changed the oil in the wife's car. 3yrs old with 12k miles on it. I had some help, CHEESE!

20210815_171927.jpg

20210815_163337.jpg

20210815_172301.jpg

I can hear, feel and smell the rust starting... I had to drive the car today even with the rain because my wife had some errands for the kids going back to school next week.

Rain on the way to work and home. The wipers do not like coming all the way back down after they have been turned on. I have to push them down with my hand after I get out of the car. I'm assuming my wiper motor is not functioning at 100%... the rubber wiper blades clear the glass off real nice though.

20210817_074433.jpg

20210817_171635.jpg

20210817_193740.jpg

I can hear, feel and smell the rust starting... I had to drive the car today even with the rain because my wife had some errands for the kids going back to school next week.

Rain on the way to work and home. The wipers do not like coming all the way back down after they have been turned on. I have to push them down with my hand after I get out of the car. I'm assuming my wiper motor is not functioning at 100%... the rubber wiper blades clear the glass off real nice though.

View attachment 1715782844

View attachment 1715782845

View attachment 1715782846
Mine would sometimes not return to the "park" position and I would have to wiggle the wires at the motor.

These old cars do demand some attention. Is there a Doctor in the house?

When you daily drive them you find all the little things that the car needs as well. Yea a dentist in the house which is kind of like one of those shitty voodoo doctors who don't actually fix anything...

No way. A Mopar is to driven hard and put away wet and it'll still kick *** the next time you ask it to.
I knew a guy way back in the when who had a 70 Road Runner 383 car. he said every time he drove it hard it would just shut off, and he could never figure out why. this was around 1990 was the gas crappy back then? I dunno I could have bought the car but had a B body and didn't need another one. I should have bought it though it was one that got away...

-
Back