Dartin for Divorce

-
He or she slid the nut back and put hose on. See the bubble next to clamp? It wont blow off. I usually do 1/2 a flare so it retains hose.

I dont have a flarring tool, but the auto store probably does and I have to go back there to pick up my gaskets.

I don't think so. I may be wrong, but I think the pressure is too much for a hose clamp. A scratched fender sucks, but a slushie run that leaks out all your trans fluid and burns up the tranny is worse.

If I was to be a horse's *** - (Who, me?? How uncharacteristic!) - I would suggest the correct solution to the problem would be a third pedal.

Luckily I have another transmission right?!

Luckily I have another transmission right?!

That will get you out of a hole, but I was really thinking what you need one of these so you don't have to mess with coolers, lines, hoses, clamps, etc...

100_1968.JPG

That will get you out of a hole, but I was really thinking what you need one of these so you don't have to mess with coolers, lines, hoses, clamps, etc...

View attachment 1715487069

That's actually one of the one things I do not want for my car. Weird because I've always had manual cars, even my daily is manual, but I really enjoy my purple car being automatic.

replace the slinky radiator hose and get some 409 and clean up that engine bay

But it matches my scratch?! Lol.

I have some engine degreaser but I'm worried about spraying the engine bay with the old frail wires all over the place. One day I'll get to pull the engine and do it the right way.

Boom! Line cut and flared then I got a 1/8 NPT to 5/16 barb hose fitting so I didnt have to use an adapter at the radiator. Ran hose using 2 clamps per side on the rubber hose and added an extra clamp the the other line that was already done this way.

Trans cooler installed. Just used the little attachment pieces through the ac cooler for now since the ac doesn't work anyways. I also added 2 zip ties just to get it a little tighter. I'll make brackets for it when I fix the ac and get a new cooler for there.

I'm going to try and hook up my temp guage before going for its honorary "its fixed" drive.

20200314_184429.jpg

20200314_185038.jpg

20200314_185440.jpg

I dont know where you get the energy. All i did today was drive my old fargo into the shop. Tomorrow i have to go look at a house for my buddy’s nephew that hes thinking of buying. Hope i can spend some time working on my truck after that.

That rubber hose looks real close to the front pulley.

That is plenty of room.
Holding a 6 month old, they can be squirmy.
I went to my grandsons 5 year old birthday party today, and got to hold my oldest daughters 6 month old and youngest daughters 7 month old at the same time.
Good times.

I dont know where you get the energy. All i did today was drive my old fargo into the shop. Tomorrow i have to go look at a house for my buddy’s nephew that hes thinking of buying. Hope i can spend some time working on my truck after that.

Energy?! I feel like I'm always tired, but I also go crazy just sitting in the house, i have to either be going somewhere or doing something. Maybe it's the fact that I'm 30?

Btw what's an old Fargo?

That is plenty of room.
Holding a 6 month old, they can be squirmy.
I went to my grandsons 5 year old birthday party today, and got to hold my oldest daughters 6 month old and youngest daughters 7 month old at the same time.
Good times.

Those are really good times! Maybe you'll turn them into big gear heads :)

I'm glad I got the radiator and trans cooler done today, it would have gone a lot faster if it wasnt for the busted line.

that will buff out, get some mequires cleaner wax.

you can order some repop lines from summit, tell em Bill sent you. LOL

Do you think it will really buff out? At least a little? Do I need a buffing ball or something?

I wish this wasnt such a weird color between blue and purple I'd order a scratch fixing pen.

Getting the correct part would have cost $40.00
You probably spent at least half that, for what you have. They do make replacement parts for these cars, for proper fixes.
Just saying.

DDT6801.jpg

I've buffed worse out of saddlebags on my motorcycles that were from my boots.

Some decent spray detailer or some polishing compound and a soft cloth will make short work of it if it's not a scratch through the paint..

Don't get rubbing compound. It has to say polishing. I like the 3m stuff in a small gray bottle, but there's plenty out there that work. Then wax the beejesus out of the paint on the car and it will help prevent some of that stuff (and also give a tiny bit of protection from that sharsh desert sun).

Getting the correct part would have cost $40.00
You probably spent at least half that, for what you have.
Just saying.

View attachment 1715487235

Oh I'm going to get the correct part, but I also like driving my car and so does my daughter. The adapter was only like 3 bucks, already had the hose because it came with the transmission cooler

Edit- look on sale from jegs for 30 bucks! I'd say that's a pretty good deal if they work.

Screenshot_20200314-215350_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
I've buffed worse out of saddlebags on my motorcycles that were from my boots.

Some decent spray detailer or some polishing compound and a soft cloth will make short work of it if it's not a scratch through the paint..

Don't get rubbing compound. It has to say polishing. I like the 3m stuff in a small gray bottle, but there's plenty out there that work. Then wax the beejesus out of the paint on the car and it will help prevent some of that stuff (and also give a tiny bit of protection from that sharsh desert sun).

I've never waxed a car... I know crazy right, I usually dont keep them long enough to need to. I guess it's a good time to learn. Especially with all the little scratches on the car. Hopefully I dont put any more on it tomorrow when I attempt to roll my fenders

I've never waxed a car... I know crazy right, I usually dont keep them long enough to need to. I guess it's a good time to learn. Especially with all the little scratches on the car. Hopefully I dont put any more on it tomorrow when I attempt to roll my fenders

I haven't either! Only my bikes, haha.

Once you get started with the polishing compound it's hard to stop.. Before you know it 12hrs have gone by and you suddenly own a power polisher and all your clothes are ruined.

I would recommend not getting carried away because it's possible to do more harm than good also. But going over each panel lightly will definitely help remove a lot of those annoying scratches.

The nice thing about a good waxing though is that all the dust and bugs come right off with water and a soft rag later and dust can be blown off with a compressor or leaf blower.

About the only part of all my cars I DO wax is the glass. Makes a ton of difference in wiper lift and in the rain.

the cleaner wax is fairly mild and no buffer to use, put some on a rag and wipe the area well, let dry, repeat as needed, if not working move to a polishing compound as suggested. just go slow, very easy with the wrong product to cut through paint, since other than color you probably don't know to much about the paint a little patience may keep you out of the paint shop, at least until you get that carpet changed.

All done with radiator and overflow tank, except for the fact that I need a smaller hose to go from the radiator to the overflow tank as the one I got was to big.

No leaks yet either!

20200315_172655.jpg

20200315_173036.jpg

20200315_172632.jpg

20200315_173050.jpg

Found this tonight. I think it may be to much stall though?

View attachment 1715487869

View attachment 1715487870

Probably not, believe it or not. The trouble is, that was built specific to someone else's car and specs. You're better off calling Dynamic, PTC, etc and giving them your specs and having them build one for your car. But wait until you're done with upgrades (cam, gears, tire size, etc) as those will change the way they build it.

Did you go trans to radiator cooler then to trans cooler? I have the same cooler and was wondering if I should bypass the radiator cooler.

I went to radiator then to trans cooler and that's how it was already done. Some people say bypass radiator but I think I'll be ok.

I'm going to look for a spot to mount this water temp mount though.

Probably not, believe it or not. The trouble is, that was built specific to someone else's car and specs. You're better off calling Dynamic, PTC, etc and giving them your specs and having them build one for your car. But wait until you're done with upgrades (cam, gears, tire size, etc) as those will change the way they build it.

True on the converter, there are 2 people in line in front of me so I probably won't get it haha.

-
Back