Dartin for Divorce

-
O ps you can get stuck if you really try. But I have xl hands and never did.

if you pull the instrument cluster, disconnect the NEG cable at the battery. you pull the cluster + contacts at back of amp gauge contacting dash frame = :BangHead:

what kind? a few threads on here talking about what not to use for fuel

I tried permatex thread sealer, but didn't let it sit long enough before moving the car into the garage so I was going to redo it. I guess I could make a gasket instead?... :poke:

20200525_204414.jpg

20200525_204401.jpg

Well just looked up the problem and it seems to be a very common problem with the plug edelbrock supplies... ill go get another plug

OK I see it now. I don't remember if it tapered or not. You could use some Teflon tape but you may want to rip it as it's a little wide for your use. Do not let any get into the fuel line itself as it can get stuck in the needle and seat. Tape it around about 4 times and don't tighten it with all your might.

Just seen your post, straight. It doesn't have a seat on it does it? If not try above.

You could try this on something larger that you are working on but hold a straight edge or a credit card and hold next to a pipe plug or the threads on a piece of pipe and you will see the tapper. A straight thread will be straight.

The plug to the fuel line is leaking, and I have that sucker torqued down super tight but still leaking. A puddle of fuel starts to accumulate on the intake manifold.

Didn't you just get the car insured for 25K?

Dial 1-800-KABOOM!

Hello, Hagerty? I seem to have a problem with my car that just burned to the ground...:rolleyes:

Well it looked straight to my eyes.

Once you get the hang of this, it's easy to eyeball a fitting and tell if it's straight or taper threads. If all else fails, get a dial mike and check it at both ends of the threads. Kind of a no-brainer.

Oh advise me to go spend more money lol...

It's good stuff to have around though! I fired up my dart after a long winter rest, let it idle while I ran back to the garage to grab something and noticed the gasoline geyser under it.. My fuel fittings at the efi pump had sprung a leak around the pipe threads (that I had taped copiously). Put some of that dope on them and so far so good! Comes highly recommended and is even indicated for use in aviation fuel systems where "good enough" means bomb proof so I have high hopes.

Plus the smell keeps wives out of garages :D

It's good stuff to have around though! I fired up my dart after a long winter rest, let it idle while I ran back to the garage to grab something and noticed the gasoline geyser under it.. My fuel fittings at the efi pump had sprung a leak around the pipe threads (that I had taped copiously). Put some of that dope on them and so far so good! Comes highly recommended and is even indicated for use in aviation fuel systems where "good enough" means bomb proof so I have high hopes.

Plus the smell keeps wives out of garages :D

I like when my wife comes in the garage. I'm actually putting off washing the car because bugging her to make a "dust angel" on the hood of the dart with the her :D

I've seen edelbrock has actually replaced the fuel line for people that have a problem with a leaking plug so ill call and see what they say. I'll probably go buy that stuff too.

I like when my wife comes in the garage. I'm actually putting off washing the car because bugging her to make a "dust angel" on the hood of the dart with the her :D

I've seen edelbrock has actually replaced the fuel line for people that have a problem with a leaking plug so ill call and see what they say. I'll probably go buy that stuff too.

Some paint scratches are worth it! I'm sure she'd be more willing if you offered to post the pics in the Mopar babes thread. We're here to help after all..

Even if they sent you a new one, it would probably leak too. A brass pipe plug and some sealer should do it - no sense ripping the whole line off for one plug hole.

Some paint scratches are worth it! I'm sure she'd be more willing if you offered to post the pics in the Mopar babes thread. We're here to help after all..

Even if they sent you a new one, it would probably leak too. A brass pipe plug and some sealer should do it - no sense ripping the whole line off for one plug hole.

My paint already has scratches so we better do it before I decide to learn to do body work and paint my car in the garage! Whats the best purple spray paint for painting a car? :poke::lol: wait... there's a mopar babes thread? Lol...

Oh I agree a plug is cheap and not a reason to pull the line but at the same time its the principle of the matter. I purchased this new and the plug leaks, kind of frustrating lol.

Oh advise me to go spend more money lol...
so you haven't figured out how a thread works?
1: Post problem
2: get lots of good yet conflicting answers
3: OP is advised to buy something new
4: off topic discussion from the first 2 or 3 helpful posters to the next helpful posters about why they're wrong
5: more advice to spend $$

Oh I agree a plug is cheap and not a reason to pull the line but at the same time its the principle of the matter. I purchased this new and the plug leaks, kind of frustrating lol.
you got a new line, and it came with a new leak, what's the problem? :rolleyes:

-
Back