Dartin for Divorce

-
wax on....wax off.....

I know, not fun at all, I had to get an orbital polisher because my hand/arm was starting to hurt. I also may end up taking back for a real buffer/polisher as this one started to get really hot and smoke lol. It is rewarding when you get a scratch out or make it less noticeable though.

I need to come over one of these days and help you with your cars!

Didn't get the chance to finish up the car or take any pictures of it today because I was busy doing other things... Meaning during the usual time I work on my car (when the baby takes her big nap from 12is-4ish) I went to the gun store... With all the crazy stuff going on I talked to the wife about getting another AR15. We already have a "couple" of guns around the house to keep the family safe and 90% of the time have a gun on me when I leave the house as well.

I came home and the wife goes "So where's the new gun, what did you get..." Lol I didn't get one.. I thought we only talked about maybe getting another one, so I didn't know if I was really allowed to buy one or not... Welp I fucked up, as many of you other married men will know. You only get 1 chance to buy something expensive that you really don't need and if you didn't get it that day because you were unsure if you had the green light or not, usually the light turns back to red lol. I'm going on back on Thursday (I have 4 midterms in the next 2 days) and I am buying a new Ar15... Well technically I am buying the parts to build an AR15, I haven't set a budget but I told her about 12-1500 and she didn't blink an eye.

Didn't get the chance to finish up the car or take any pictures of it today because I was busy doing other things... Meaning during the usual time I work on my car (when the baby takes her big nap from 12is-4ish) I went to the gun store... With all the crazy stuff going on I talked to the wife about getting another AR15. We already have a "couple" of guns around the house to keep the family safe and 90% of the time have a gun on me when I leave the house as well.

I came home and the wife goes "So where's the new gun, what did you get..." Lol I didn't get one.. I thought we only talked about maybe getting another one, so I didn't know if I was really allowed to buy one or not... Welp I fucked up, as many of you other married men will know. You only get 1 chance to buy something expensive that you really don't need and if you didn't get it that day because you were unsure if you had the green light or not, usually the light turns back to red lol. I'm going on back on Thursday (I have 4 midterms in the next 2 days) and I am buying a new Ar15... Well technically I am buying the parts to build an AR15, I haven't set a budget but I told her about 12-1500 and she didn't blink an eye.
With the crazy **** going on I'm carrying 24 hrs. a day. Detroit has gone totally nuts like all the other big cities. My wife carries a 38 with +P's. First time at Camp Perry with a AR she was hitting the target better than me at 200 yards. I got ta be nice when I'm within range. lol

With the crazy **** going on I'm carrying 24 hrs. a day. Detroit has gone totally nuts like all the other big cities. My wife carries a 38 with +P's. First time at Camp Perry with a AR she was hitting the target better than me at 200 yards. I got ta be nice when I'm within range. lol

A US Marshall was shot in the head tonight in Las Vegas and pronounced dead. A metro police officer was also shot tonight and is now in the hospital in critical condition. I guess I'm moving my purchase up to tomorrow after I finish my first exam.

We live out in the sticks but wife said yesterday, need need couple boxes of 00 buck and couple more boxes of 38 specials. I asked about the AR15 plan, she said her oldest son has 4, BUT, he is 18 hrs away near El Paso!!!! Oh well

We live out in the sticks but wife said yesterday, need need couple boxes of 00 buck and couple more boxes of 38 specials. I asked about the AR15 plan, she said her oldest son has 4, BUT, he is 18 hrs away near El Paso!!!! Oh well

Yea i have about 1k rounds of 9 and 223. I may get a couple more boxes of each. My dads family is from SE Texas so guns are a mandatory part of the family.

I always thought my family had a lot of guns until I met my wife's grandfather... my father in law, his brother and their dad (wifes grandfather) are all retired police sergeants. My wife's grandfather has probably close to 100-150 guns and has a room in his house basement dedicated to his guns. He has safes on every floor of his house and in his gun room he has tens of thousands of rounds, which he makes by filling his own brass.. The man is an animal!

My wife and I have been debating on where we are going to go after dental school. I have 2 good practice opportunities here in Las Vegas, where I can buy one of the practices outright or partner in another. The partner opportunity would be much more lucrative due to the size of the practice and financial backing of the owner (my uncle). We are struggling with if we should stay because we both like the thought of moving to a smaller city in a different state. Texas and SE Washington State are the 2 biggest thoughts outside of Vegas right now but we are also open to North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, and other states with smaller populations and more outdoor living..

I’ve heard southeast Washington is nice. I really like where I live In Oregon just not the political climate as much. But the outdoors are beautiful and trees everywhere. Breaks my heart hearing about the officers getting killed and injured.

I’ve heard southeast Washington is nice. I really like where I live In Oregon just not the political climate as much. But the outdoors are beautiful and trees everywhere. Breaks my heart hearing about the officers getting killed and injured.

Agree on the political climates in certain areas. SE Washington like Tri Cities area is where we are looking. Its more wine and farm country down that way, not quite big city living like Vegas

Agree on the political climates in certain areas. SE Washington like Tri Cities area is where we are looking. Its more wine and farm country down that way, not quite big city living like Vegas
Nice a buddy mine moved out there to Kennewick or something like that. I wasn’t sure if you were thinking as Far East as Spokane. Let’s see some ARs I’ll get a pic of mine when get home blow the dust off it.

Last edited:
I have seen about 70% of the US. I am old, woreout, and poor enough!! Lots of places I would not live, period.
Where to live? It is all about what is important to a person. $$ opportunities, closeness (or distance) of family, climate, state politics cost of living, ability of R/E to appreciate, what after work activity is there.
But you guys are just starting out, so think about where and how you want to raise your family. That can be a biggie!!!!!!

Nice a bubby mine moved out there to Kennewick or something like that. I wasn’t sure if you were thinking as Far East as Spokane. Let’s see some ARs I’ll get a pic of mine when get home blow the dust off it.

I'm studying now but here's one from the last time my buddy and I went shooting. Ill post pictures of my build in here though. I'm thinking of doing an American flag theme on the AR this week like this.

FB_IMG_1517609971162.jpg

warr-dogz-battleworn-american-flag-theme-ar-92486-full.jpg

I have seen about 70% of the US. I am old, woreout, and poor enough!! Lots of places I would not live, period.
Where to live? It is all about what is important to a person. $$ opportunities, closeness (or distance) of family, climate, state politics cost of living, ability of R/E to appreciate, what after work activity is there.
But you guys are just starting out, so think about where and how you want to raise your family. That can be a biggie!!!!!!

These are all the things we think about. Being somewhat close to family is important and practicd opportunity is important. It will all work out the way its supposed to though.

I know, not fun at all, I had to get an orbital polisher because my hand/arm was starting to hurt. I also may end up taking back for a real buffer/polisher as this one started to get really hot and smoke lol. It is rewarding when you get a scratch out or make it less noticeable though.

I need to come over one of these days and help you with your cars!

I have a bunch of cars that to be washed and waxed......lol

... SE Washington State..

Problem with Washington State is that due to the heavy urban population on the west side of the state, the politics are very liberal because they carry the votes. I call it "Little California" partly because it seems like whatever California does, we follow along with. One of those is the constant threat and push to take away our 2nd Amendment rights. And the Governor is off his rocker on a power trip.

And Spokane had rioting and looting couple of days ago (not sure it has calmed down, haven't checked).

That said, there are some fine communities on the east side of the state, even Spokane is pretty fair. The Tri-Cities are nice as they are generally warmer, but if it were me, I would look in a little further east like Walla Walla or Dayton. I would even go north of Spokane and look at Colville and that area (really miss the mountains up there).

Tri-cities is a major drug trafficking hub. Might make for some good dentistry.

I've been up here for 20 years, most of that traveling the entire region for work so I've been all over. Tri-Cities is pretty good sized, hotter and drier than many places. That should be no problem for a Vegas resident, you'd likely be chilly. Walla Walla is a great place, lots of wineries, somewhat smaller, and yet big enough for your practice. Spokane is good too but starting to lean towards becoming Seattle Junior. @DionR is correct, the politics up here are very liberal with Seattle or Portland able to outvote the entire rest of the state. However, the state itself is a great place to live.

Problem with Washington State is that due to the heavy urban population on the west side of the state, the politics are very liberal because they carry the votes. I call it "Little California" partly because it seems like whatever California does, we follow along with. One of those is the constant threat and push to take away our 2nd Amendment rights. And the Governor is off his rocker on a power trip.

And Spokane had rioting and looting couple of days ago (not sure it has calmed down, haven't checked).

That said, there are some fine communities on the east side of the state, even Spokane is pretty fair. The Tri-Cities are nice as they are generally warmer, but if it were me, I would look in a little further east like Walla Walla or Dayton. I would even go north of Spokane and look at Colville and that area (really miss the mountains up there).

Tri-cities is a major drug trafficking hub. Might make for some good dentistry.

I've been up here for 20 years, most of that traveling the entire region for work so I've been all over. Tri-Cities is pretty good sized, hotter and drier than many places. That should be no problem for a Vegas resident, you'd likely be chilly. Walla Walla is a great place, lots of wineries, somewhat smaller, and yet big enough for your practice. Spokane is good too but starting to lean towards becoming Seattle Junior. @DionR is correct, the politics up here are very liberal with Seattle or Portland able to outvote the entire rest of the state. However, the state itself is a great place to live.

I love Walla Walla. Never been there before but have read a lot about it and have looked up pictures.

@Bodyperson tri cities area is definitely a good place for dentistry not because the drugs though haha.

I lived in Lewiston, Idaho for three years. I loved that area!

It's across the river from Clarkston, WA and not too far from Walla Walla. I visited there a couple of times.

Here's the parts! Have to wait a couple days on the lower then I can throw it all together real quick.

20200602_163917.jpg

So when I first got everything I was told they didn't have a flag builders kit... so I got a FDE... yesterday I was able to get my stripped lower because my background check came in. Woohoo time to build a gun, but just slightly annoyed because they ended up having one in the back.

I'm thinking of doing a flag paint job on the FDE still though.

20200605_105135.jpg

beauchamp-machine-company-cust-torn-american-flag-camo-on-this-ar-10-rifle-105060-full.jpg

we_the_ppl_15-1.jpg

d-i-custom-coatings-distressed-american-flag-we-the-people-cerakote-finish-103009-full.jpg

Looks like fun! Almost as fun as wrenchin' on cars! My brother works at FM MFG in Columbia SC. He took me through the plant one weekend they weren't working. A SCAR would be fun to target practice with!!

-
Back