Darts new Pad

-

rc14

jr member
Reaction score
just finish the Darts new pad. going to be a pole building or metal building can't wait to roll her in and get started. i have had the car for a little over a year now with a car cover over it. hoping to set the poles next weekend and trusses the next weekend. getting closer.

pad 2010 001.jpg

pad 2010 002.jpg

Dam,wish I had that kind of space.
Thats going to be great.

There is only one thing that I hate worse than body work and that's concrete work. Looks like a fun project.

looks like that will be a nice size shop when done! I'm amazed at how quickly mine has filled up... but then again I have an Anglia in the paint booth side, and my wife's car and a 1947 COE cab along with a riding lawn mower, 2 pair if rear wheels/tires, all my tools, and a spit load of other stuff in it....

Everything but my barracuda! LOL

thanks guys. i have been with out a garage for about 5 years now and it sucks i am not much on working on toys in the yard. with tools in the spare room and storage building you never have what you need.
its just a 24 x 32 i have got the steel beams the wall panels are 2 1/2" inch foam insulated panels with 032 metal on the outside and inside double touge and grooved. got the metal for the roof, will order trusses next week or two. can't wait until i drag the dart insde.

getting closer, had a good week this week but my a$$ is dragging. I am not and iron worker and i can see why. should have the roof on this week if the weather holds out.

garage 001.jpg

garage 002.jpg

This floor will not look this good for very long i am sure, should be rolling the dart in next week or so, This has been one heck of a job with just me and my son but we are getting it done.

Thats an interesting structure. What did you use 6/6 steel sq. tubeing? That oughta hold it8) Did you pour right on dirt? Looks as though you have some erosion starting on edge, could compromise your slab. Looking good , thats some hard work for 2 guys. You`ll love it when ya get finished.

garage 019.jpg

garage 021.jpg

garage 034.jpg

garage 035.jpg

garage 033.jpgthey are 4 x 6 inch 1/4 wall poles we had to make the longer by 18" and weld on base plates. drill and used 3/4" anchers the trusses are setting on 2 x 8 1/4" walls. alot of work our butts are dragging but we are almost ready to drag the dart in.

garage 019.jpg

garage 021.jpg

garage 034.jpg

garage 035.jpg

garage 033.jpg

-
Back