dash,jams and uderhood paint?

-

mopar410

Reaction score
Ok,so I'm getting close to painting my dash and upper door panels body color(hemi orange).I'm going to paint the dash upper from the pad to windshield black to flow with the pillar covers and not have to worry about repainting if I went with color on top.And I'm wandering what I should use on the face and doors,spray gun enamel or base & clear.I'm thinking the B/C might chip and look bad where the single stage could be touched up and less hassel if I went back to black.What are yalls thoughts on the door jams and under the hood paint?B/C or single stage?I've even thought about single stage (maybe poly)on the whole car and clearing over that.Just not sure what to use on the "high traffic" areas.Thanks in advance.Eddie

All I can tell you is a high gloss wouldn't work well on any of the inside. Gloss on the dash reflects on the glass reducing visibility.
I used a high gloss appliance epoxy on the inside of my doors and regret it. Every finger print or spot of any kind shows bad. At least it wears well.

Ok,so I'm getting close to painting my dash and upper door panels body color(hemi orange).I'm going to paint the dash upper from the pad to windshield black to flow with the pillar covers and not have to worry about repainting if I went with color on top.And I'm wandering what I should use on the face and doors,spray gun enamel or base & clear.I'm thinking the B/C might chip and look bad where the single stage could be touched up and less hassel if I went back to black.What are yalls thoughts on the door jams and under the hood paint?B/C or single stage?I've even thought about single stage (maybe poly)on the whole car and clearing over that.Just not sure what to use on the "high traffic" areas.Thanks in advance.Eddie

mopar410,
I am personally going to go with single stage in the engine compartment and interior. I intend to used the BC/CC in the door jambs. I agree that gloss finish between the dash pad and the windshield would not be a good idea. I too am going with black in this area and will add a dash of flattener for the paint here so that the reflection isn't blinding but it can still be cleaned easily. L8r

Jim

The top of the dash between the pad and windshield was going to be semi-gloss.The doors are 4-5" metal at the top and the dash will be just the face and the lower section.Do you think the glare will be bad there?

I'll definately go back to a semigloss on the door tops in my car.
What you like in your car is fine with me.

-
Back