dash light wiring????

-

prodart340

Reaction score
so here goes,I have power coming off of my headlight switch,by way of rheostat, going out on a pair of tan wires but no voltage at the pair of orange wires at the round pin connector for the back of dash cluster....1974 dodge dart..btw went to mymopar.com for schematics but they don't have a schematic of dash lighting. any help would be appreciated, thanks mike :help:

At the headlight switch... using a test light while turning the reostat up and down should alter the test lamp bulb same as a panel lamp. Verify that and wire color then seek same at panel connecter. 99% of the time the problem is the reostat.

ok,let me clarify,there is power coming off of the rheostat terminal on the headlight switch,this terminal has two tan wires on it,,,,,the terminal for the dash lights at the round pin connector,has two orange wires on it,,,,,,,at this pin there is no power,,,the rheostat is working fine,,,,0.2 ohms @ full "bright" and 14.6 ohms @ full "dim". I guess my question should be where do the tan wires connect to the orange wires?

ok,let me clarify,there is power coming off of the rheostat terminal on the headlight switch,this terminal has two tan wires on it,,,,,the terminal for the dash lights at the round pin connector,has two orange wires on it,,,,,,,at this pin there is no power,,,the rheostat is working fine,,,,0.2 ohms @ full "bright" and 14.6 ohms @ full "dim". I guess my question should be where do the tan wires connect to the orange wires?
embarrased that I dont know right away. I should. To dark and cold right now to go after the correct answer so a stab in the dark...
at the fuse box ?
What fuse is it that gets no power before headlight switch is pulled on ?
3 amp courtisy lights ? 7.5 amp ? smallest in there , I know that LOL

Not sure if you can follow this...it may help in your tracing. It's got to be close...67-76 Dodge/Plymouth..If not PM me and I will send e-mail.

scan.jpg

-
Back