Dash Pad End Piece Application

-

dibbons

Reaction score
I don't remember finding these on my '65 Formula S which has a dash pad. Were they optional (or I am missing 'em)? Thank you.

dash  pad end piece.jpg

All the pads were like that. The convertibles had a different windshield pillar molding, so they used that little rubber filler piece like the cars without a pad. The plastic pillar molding on a Barracuda should cover that area without the rubber strip.

All the pads were like that. The convertibles had a different windshield pillar molding, so they used that little rubber filler piece like the cars without a pad. The plastic pillar molding on a Barracuda should cover that area without the rubber strip.

Makes sense. My 65 Barracuda with pad doesn't have or need the filler pieces on each end. My 63 Valiant convertible is missing the filler pieces. You can see the slots for them. I have the pieces, but they aren't the right color and I haven't tried to dye the ones I have. My Valiant originally had a dash pad, but it was gone when I got the car and I didn't know whether they would be used with the pad or not. Easy to see though, that the chrome pot metal pillar trim on the convertible wouldn't cover the end of the pad like the molded plastic trim on my Barracuda.

PS: both cars are also missing the plastic trim that snaps into the lower windshield gasket. The one in my Barracuda disappeared so long ago I forgot it was ever there, but the 66 Barracuda I bought many years later and sold a few years ago had that trim.

20210127_160621.jpg

20210127_160714.jpg

-
Back