dash pad removle

-
Remove the nuts behind the leading edge of the pad. Pulling the cluster and glovebox will help.

If the '70 is similar to a '73 through '76, then this is everything you need to know...

Removing the dash pad

Some of them are found by knowing where to "feel" with your wrench.
Good luck,
Jerry

You have to get them from the back side of the dash, like Chief said, its easy to get them by pulling the gauge cluster as well as glove box. Then, I believe 1/2", socket and ratchet up under there...I dont remember the exact number but theres a few...

corrected 3/8" speed nuts...Thanks Jerry...lol do what that says :p

Dont forget to remove the neg battery cable. The turned down ends of the pad have sheet metal screws instead. Those require a 1/4" hex socket.

Those require a 1/4" hex socket.
Yep, and they are a booger to get to at the correct angle. You can see how tight it is down there in my photo. Actually, the picture needs to be rotated 90 deg. counter-clockwise to be in the right orientation (you can tell by the rubber stop for the glove box).That was the only way I could get my camera behind the dash for that shot.

Here is a good couple shots of a frame I have here. I colored silver near the holes for the bolts. A small 1/4" drive ratchet with an elbow helps a lot for the 2 most outside nuts.

P1015636.JPG

P1015637.JPG

-
Back