Dash pad???

-

Nappa82

Reaction score
Where the heck do you find these at that are still in good shape? I dont care if the color is faded I just want one thats not brittle or cracked or whatever. Mine is falling apart as we speak and there is no fixing it. I never see anyone asking about these so figured Id ask.

Do you use something else? Fabricate one yourself?

Covering it in carpet just looks horrible.

Send it to Just Dashes but make sure you got a tube of K-Y handy or buy an aftermarket one. There is a member here that had his recovered at a shop near him, came out looking ok. Not original in anyway but......

Where the heck do you find these at that are still in good shape? I dont care if the color is faded I just want one thats not brittle or cracked or whatever. Mine is falling apart as we speak and there is no fixing it. I never see anyone asking about these so figured Id ask.

Do you use something else? Fabricate one yourself?

Covering it in carpet just looks horrible.
BE&A also has dashes their going to run you about $400. You didn't say what you have. I used a dash cap from ebay $135. free shipping. If you take your time and prep them right they look great and you can't tell that their a cap.

Attachments

• Dart progress 003.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 207
  • Dart progress 004.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 184
Ah yea sorry for the lack of info. 71 Dodge Demon. I like the look of the cap. Not bad. I will look into that. Also might just look into how to refurbish it myself. $400 for a dash pad... damn thats alot.

I had 2 of them done at Just Dashes. It takes a while and costs about 400 bucks but it came out really nice.

Ah yea sorry for the lack of info. 71 Dodge Demon. I like the look of the cap. Not bad. I will look into that. Also might just look into how to refurbish it myself. $400 for a dash pad... damn thats alot.
I was sceptical at first and like most of us on here ,on a budget. I'm not afraid of hands on so why not. the pictures shown was right after it was installed. It was dull from finger prints,should have taken pictures after I wiped it down with Armor all. Just Dashes does a very good job but 400 bucks is 400 buck and they are usually several months out. Its not an easy call good luck.

Put a wanted ad here in the classifieds.. I got one on the site for 75 or so just a tiny crack in the corner that can't be seen.. just be patient and look at the for sale ads here on the site.. it will pay off..

BE&A also has dashes their going to run you about $400. You didn't say what you have. I used a dash cap from ebay $135. free shipping. If you take your time and prep them right they look great and you can't tell that their a cap.

Where did you come up with the $400 cost for a BEA dash ??

They are $225

http://www.beaparts.com/list_items.aspx?body=A&cat=I&subcat=21

Much more durable, heat, and sun resistant than a dash cap.

Here's one installed.

Attachments

• TroyDartDashMd1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 506
Where did you come up with the $400 cost for a BEA dash ??

They are $225

http://www.beaparts.com/list_items.aspx?body=A&cat=I&subcat=21

Much more durable, heat, and sun resistant than a dash cap.

Here's one installed.[/QUOT

When I called BE&A three years ago Mike had no pads for 68 Darts . He said he was waiting for a good pad to make a pattern after. Iwas to be one of the first to get the new 68 pads. Mike quoted me $400. After a year of waiting and many phone calls he produced the first 68 pads which I didn't get. Some how I got lost in the shuffle, he apologised and said when the next batch came out he would offer it to me at $300. Thats when I started looking into dash caps. I have not looked at his prices lately ,no need to.Knowing Mike now I know he puts out a good product he's very particular about his product.

$225 is fair I think. I will look into it. Thanks for the info.

Put a wanted ad here in the classifieds.. I got one on the site for 75 or so just a tiny crack in the corner that can't be seen.. just be patient and look at the for sale ads here on the site.. it will pay off..

I will check it out and when I can afford to get one I will post a wanted add. I did a search but nothing showed up so I posted here to see what everyone has done.

-
Back