Dash Plastic Chroming shops???

-
Just got these from a member. They are perfect ! Think he said CV plating, I will check.

66dash.jpg
[/IMG]

I heard that CV is out of business
They are, the link I posted is for a guy that is about 45 minutes from me here in Washington. Spoke to Gary a few times, seems like a good guy. Redline Gaugeworks was the one who mentioned him in the past....

I had my complete dash restored including the instruments faces by this guy. The work was excellent, better then new but, it took some time. I thoought the price was fair.

John Manush
CEO 2K Inc.

MOPAR INSTRUMENT PANEL RESTORATION SERVICES

1805 Whittier Street
Burlington, Iowa 52601
319.758.0100 (If busy try Cell)
Cell: 319.601.9135
[email protected]

I had my complete dash restored including the instruments faces by this guy. The work was excellent, better then new but, it took some time. I thoought the price was fair.

John Manush
CEO 2K Inc.

MOPAR INSTRUMENT PANEL RESTORATION SERVICES

1805 Whittier Street
Burlington, Iowa 52601
319.758.0100 (If busy try Cell)
Cell: 319.601.9135
[email protected]

I have emailed John back and forth a few times. I have never had any work done, his work looks good and he does it on the side, but in the end it is pricy.

I got mine done at CGAR and it lasted only about 4 years before it started peeling off. In my opinion it's not worth it. I just paint them now.

I got mine done at CGAR and it lasted only about 4 years before it started peeling off. In my opinion it's not worth it. I just paint them now.

Funny you say that!
I was looking at one of the listed sites and noticed that it is NOT chrome at all! Its paint just as I used.
A "Killerchrome" kit is $40 plus a can of silver and some time and you will have the exact same results at a fraction of the cost. Same issues as far as durability though. Looks just as nice!
This is the info the site gives,
http://gcartrim.com/Process.htm
Painted, just under vacuum!

-
Back