Dash problems

-

dartman1965

Reaction score
Hey guys,I have a question about the gages in my 65 dart.The gages stoped working a while back.I thought it was the regulator in the cluster.Took the cluster out and there is no regulator on the board.Any ideas why the fuel and temp gages stopped informing me? My 66 dart had a regulator but that may be when ma started using them? Thanks
:dontknow:

My 65 Barracuda has a removable voltage regulator but I think my manual says their was a regulator installed in the gas gage on some cars too. I can check it when I get home this evening.

Thanks blues,I thought I had this one nailed down but now just dont know.I would like to do something before putting the dash back in.Anyone else?

I have the same problem except with my gas gauge, when it has a full tank it reads 1/4 tank sometimes and then goes to empty. Changed the float in the tank and still had the problem :/

The mechanical limiter is inside the fuel gauge on all 67 to 71 rallye gauge panels and a few others. If your fuel gauge has 3 threaded posts the limiter is inside it. Can you show a pic of the backside of your panel ?

Sorry,no way to down load pics on this computer.There are two posts coming off the fuel gage.One of them has what looks like a condencer or noise supresser hooked to it.If that is the problem,where do I find one?That also does not fix the temp gage which I replaced the sender.The car also has a new tank and sender.Im just at a loss for a fix.

The 65 Dart has the voltage limiter incorporated within the gas gauge. If it's bad then your gas and temp gauges won't work. Real Time Engineering and others have a solid state retro fit, but you'll have to open your gauge, modify the inside of the gauge where the regulator is to use their external retro fit. Even doing that there's no guarantee that your gas and temp gauges are still good. If they got the full 12 (or more volts) when the regulator went south, they are probably fried.

If the noise supression capasitor is connected to the 12 volt post of the fuel gauge, that gauge must have 2 additonal contacts, One post feeding the aproximately 5 volt output to the fuel gauge itself and those other gauges
( exculing the amp gauge ) . The other post is the fuel senders contact post.
Hope this helps

Thanks for the info 65 dartman.Any chance you have a website or link to it.I just couldent find anything.Might be the drugs......as I have been sick the last 3 days.Also if there is anyone else that does or sells a repair for the gauges I just dont want to do the add a gauge or put the dash in till its fixed.

-
Back