dash resto

-

71dartswinger

Reaction score
Pulled all of the dash plastic trim yesterday and replaced wiper seals
What a job. Does any one know how to get the glove box latch button off so i can remove plastic and restore chrome around edges.
car is 71 Dart Swinger non ralley dash
any company making woodgrain coners for my dash i have seen them for ralley dash.
also need pass side defrost vent in black and defrost hose for both

Steve [email protected]
central florida

I THINK you have the same basic dash as the Demons and Dusters non-rallye, right? That's a fairly common item now for the vinyl overlays....YearOne, etc, and a bunch of smaller companies now make them........But they WON'T look exactly like the original.........the original was just brown paint with a 3-decker stenciled fog of black to simulate wood grain colors. 8)

thanks for the tip on the latch removal did not come out last night so i tried again today and it came out.
the pictures really help.
stopping by a shop in Winter Haven who does car wraps to see about wood grain on dash

Steve

For Overlays and White Gauge Faces I bought mine from customgauges on ebay - good stuff! He has overlay kits in a Dark Burlwood, a Light Woodgrain that is close to original, or Carbon Fiber. Here is the auction # for the Light: 360067295365. I am also gonna redo the chrome with the Alsa Extreme Chrome. Hope this helps!

Later,
Bruce B.

-
Back