Dash Restoration

-
i have. they do excellent work. it is expensive but worth it. i plan on useing them again this fall....

Tony Fields said:
Has anyone used CV Vacuum Platers out of Canada?

http://www.cvvacuumplaters.com/Mopar 1-3.pdf

Found their web page and it looks like they do very good work.

I'm looking to get my 1967 Barracuda dash re done.

Thank for any info you can give me

Are you looking for originality? I restored mine myself...Put in a few good hours and you can save some coin~ Just a thought??...... :thumbup:

bh148.JPG

I am going to use them. I did my dash myself but wasn't satisfied with it
without the chrome accents.

Will post a pic after I get it back.

Thanks for your comments and input.

Shipped out my dash bezel and arm rest bases to C V Vacuum Platers today.
Thank you guys for your input.
It is a little pricey but I'm sure its worth it. ($650.00-$700.00) depending
on shipping.

This is probably on of the least expensive deals I've had to do on the
Barracuda.

I'll post up some pics when I get them back

You can click on "340sfastback's Garage" and you can see the restored dash bezel they did for my car. I had them do it around 7 years back and it still looks like new. I had them rechrome and paint it. Only thing I don't like is the guage centers are not blacked out like they should be for a '69 even though I told them to do that. But I sent them a '68 bezal as a core and they sent it back restored like a '68 should be. But I was so happy with the quality I wasn't about to stick it in a box and risk shipping it back. Overall I highly recommend them for top quality work.

This an older picture (before wood grain was installed) but it shows a little more detail.

DashRadio.JPG

Keep it to yourself John!!! We are expecting snow tomorrow, and I don't need to hear about the damn heat in the south.LOL
I have seen their work first hand, and they WILL be doing my dash.

340sFastback said:
This an older picture (before wood grain was installed) but it shows a little more detail.

Where did you get the woodgrain kit from. I just started to do my dash and need to replace it

dash1.jpg

dash2.jpg

0403072237.jpg

MtNemoMopar said:
Keep it to yourself John!!! We are expecting snow tomorrow, and I don't need to hear about the damn heat in the south.LOL
I have seen their work first hand, and they WILL be doing my dash.

Bill, snow? I can`t imagine. It`s been near 80 here for the last 3 days. Cherry trees are awesome now but already breaking a sweat if you work hard outside. I`m ready for more Spring and less Summer.

Suregrip391 said:
Are you looking for originality? I restored mine myself...Put in a few good hours and you can save some coin~ Just a thought??...... :thumbup:

That looks real good to me. That's probably what I will do to restore mine being a poor boy as myself. LOL.

I've got a question for anyone who might know. What is the hole for on the main part of the dash that is close to the glove box? I see a knob on 340sfastback's pictures above but what is the knob for? Just curious because I just have a hole there on my car.

mullinax95 said:
That looks real good to me. That's probably what I will do to restore mine being a poor boy as myself. LOL.

I've got a question for anyone who might know. What is the hole for on the main part of the dash that is close to the glove box? I see a knob on 340sfastback's pictures above but what is the knob for? Just curious because I just have a hole there on my car.

Maybe your talking about the cigarette lighter hole?

Suregrip391 said:
Maybe your talking about the cigarette lighter hole?

Yes, the knob by the glove box is the cigarette lighter. The knob handle matches the headlight switch knob.

I believe it was 10 weeks or something like that. The glove box bezel core they supplied. Another thing I remember was they sent the restored glove box bezel back with the Barracuda emblem not attached and the emblem was all black. My original emblem was in real nice shape so I just glued that on the restored bezel. There is some controversy on various threads I have read whether that emblem should be all black or chrome/black. But my original was chrome/black and I liked the way it looked better so that is what I put on there. I also remember it costing around $380 total. But everything was cheaper back then and demand was a lot lower. Even at what they charge now I'd still do it because it really gives the dash a factory fresh new car look. Even though my car is a driver I think my dash would look right at home on any high dollar show car.

340sFastback said:
I believe it was 10 weeks or something like that. The glove box bezel core they supplied. Another thing I remember was they sent the restored glove box bezel back with the Barracuda emblem not attached and the emblem was all black. My original emblem was in real nice shape so I just glued that on the restored bezel. There is some controversy on various threads I have read whether that emblem should be all black or chrome/black. But my original was chrome/black and I liked the way it looked better so that is what I put on there. I also remember it costing around $380 total. But everything was cheaper back then and demand was a lot lower. Even at what they charge now I'd still do it because it really gives the dash a factory fresh new car look. Even though my car is a driver I think my dash would look right at home on any high dollar show car.

Bill, my orig. '67 Barracuda emblem was chrome/black as you have stated.
The cost now is $475.00 plus I sent my (4) arm rest bases for rechrome.
That made it a total of $633.50 plus shipping back.

My car will be a driver but I still like the way yours looks and I will gladly
pay the price.

Thanks

$470 is a good price for the service they provide. They polish the lenses and paint everything up real nice. Just wait till you get it back and pull it out of the box. There will be a big old smile on your face for sure!!

Posted these pics in my Restoration Thread then decided they
should be in this thread.

Got my Dash bezel, glove box trim and arm rest bases back from
CV Vacuum Platers yesterday.

Man, was I impressed! They do top notch work as the pictures show.

newdash02.jpg

newdash04.jpg

newdash07.jpg

newdash08.jpg

newdash09.jpg

Thanks to those of you with the positive comments and examples
of their (CV Platers) work. You were 100% correct.

newdash02.jpg

newdash02.jpg

newdash04.jpg

newdash04.jpg

newdash07.jpg

newdash07.jpg

newdash08.jpg

newdash08.jpg

newdash09.jpg

newdash09.jpg

-
Back