Dash Trim Re-surface

-

djwhog

Reaction score
Ok outside of sending out the dash trim panels, does anyone know how to redo these babies to get them to look decent?

I have a 64 Dart and my dash cluster looks almost new. I was able to snag one that had new gauges etc.

But I need to re-finish the trim plates for the shifter delete, radio, and glove box.

any help?
thanks!

Well,they want a ton o' bucks to rechrome them so you could try what I did with chrome vinyl,and an exacto knife,Mine is holding up nicely and looks good

lil valiant dash.JPG

Nice so 2 questions

1 what is chrome vinyl where do I get tht at?
2 what did you use to refinish the face with? I assume the chrome vinyl was for the trim edges correct?

thank you!

Looks great too..

just clean sand and paint the dash bezel in the color you want and put the chrome vinyl where you want it to be and use your immagination.......take your time and cut like a surgeon...the results will amaze you at the talent you have.think it over,and smooth the path ya gotta walk.you can do this!!!!

Where did you get your chrome vinyl from. Did you heat it with a hair dryer and stretch it over the round pieces of the bezel? Or did you just replace the flat part of the bezel with the vinyl?
Thanks

the chrome vinyl is actually metal so you cant bend it...you have to make each piece seperately

You guys are a step ahead of me. That really does look great. Where do I find the chrome vinyl.
Thanks

you can get it at a sign shop,it's not that expensive unless you have them cut it,I had some cut into strips and put them on the center piece of my cuda grille that is in the waggin and it came out nicely also,stuff sticks like crazee!!!
Where did you get your chrome vinyl from. Did you heat it with a hair dryer and stretch it over the round pieces of the bezel? Or did you just replace the flat part of the bezel with the vinyl?
Thanks

-
Back