Dash Wiring Harness Mystery Baby Round Connector

-

Wvbuzzmaster

Reaction score
So I spent last night understanding my new reproduction wiring harnesses. Yes I bought all the major ones (Dash, Engine, Front Lighting, Rear Lighting). Anyway, with the wiring diagram on my big screen TV and the continuity function of the digital miltimeter I have determined where every single connector plugs in... except for one of them and can not find a logical thing listed on the diagram I haven’t already traced out to a different connector. So this connector is small, round, white, and has three pins on it, and it is fully taped in the harness so tracing a wire color isn’t possible, and random tests with a multimeter yielded no beeps of where it leads to... and that could take hours to go through. So in the picture below if you know the answer please tell me, the suspense is killing me. I am not going to be installing the harness until next month and I can’t wait that long to find that on my own lol.

upload_2021-5-22_7-16-45.jpeg

Ok, that makes some sense, but I didn’t think that was so cause the passenger side is just yellow spade connectors on the harness? I will be looking at the car later to see why it is so...
All those door switches do is turn on the dome light right?

The one I know for sure is the key buzzer works off drivers side.

Well that is something I definitely don’t wish to hook up... key buzzer... where’s that particular buzzer called out on the diagram so I can not plug it in? Lol

So I spent last night understanding my new reproduction wiring harnesses. Yes I bought all the major ones (Dash, Engine, Front Lighting, Rear Lighting). Anyway, with the wiring diagram on my big screen TV and the continuity function of the digital miltimeter I have determined where every single connector plugs in... except for one of them and can not find a logical thing listed on the diagram I haven’t already traced out to a different connector. So this connector is small, round, white, and has three pins on it, and it is fully taped in the harness so tracing a wire color isn’t possible, and random tests with a multimeter yielded no beeps of where it leads to... and that could take hours to go through. So in the picture below if you know the answer please tell me, the suspense is killing me. I am not going to be installing the harness until next month and I can’t wait that long to find that on my own lol.

View attachment 1715741027

That's strange. I don't believe I have ever seen a factory connector that looks like that. Looks like something you would find with a aftermarket radio or the like. LOL tape it off if everything works and you don't have anything to plug it into. Is it just power and ground and is it switched or direct?

After checking with my multimeter two pins have continuity to the two spade connectors that are indicated as passenger door jamb switch. The third pin according to the wiring schematic is part of the Lights on Buzzer circuitry. I wonder if I have one of those still? Dash fire car seems to make me believe that is probably not good if it is still on the car lol.

Reviewing diagram and my harness I do not have the extra wires for that extra buzzer so may end up replacing the door switch to match the connector.... not sure why but they may have just decided to do that this way on this aftermarket replacement harness.

-
Back