dashboard question dart swinger -71

-

marcus_87

Reaction score
hello! im new here on this site! :) i wondering if someone have any idee of what the problem is with my lights on the dashboard in my -71 swinger, im restauration? bought the lamps new and put them in ( everyone where broken an someone of the "lampholders" where missing) but still no light nowhere!? where to start? ( sorry for my perhaps bad language, im from sweden ) ;) :supz:

I guess if anything I would start at the switch and make sure you have voltage going to the lamps. if you do then go to the lamp connection and see if there is voltage their, if not them backtrack through the wiring to find the short.

Try grounding the gauge cluster with a ground lead, from one of the ground screws on the back of the cluster to the dash frame. The factory only grounded it by the mounting screws running through it and making contact with the frame, but with years of corrosion, etc it's most likely not making contact now.

Start with a search..............(of this forum)

Then go here

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1970088617

and download yourself a service manual. Probably for 71, a 70 manual is the closest.

Do ANY of the lamps work, IE shift indicator, radio, heater bezel?

"The thing" about dash lamps is they are a "trick"

The headlight switch has two voltage sources, we are interested in the TAIL LIGHT FUSE which must be good. The headlight switch must be on in tail / park or head

So make sure your park / tail lamps actually WORK

The dimmer control must be twisted to the left

and now power comes out of the dimmer and goes TO the inst fuse in the fuse box. This is the smallest fuse on one end of the panel.

With the above conditions, check for power at the inst. fuse. You should have power at both ends of the fuse.

All dimmer controlled dash lamps receive power off one end of that fuse on ORANGE wiring.

-
Back