Data Loggers

-

'63GT

Reaction score
What data logger are you using, or have experience using?
There are a number of them out there... viability of the used market?
which one is easier to use, in your opinion?
Cost is also a factor. All opinions welcome !

I’ve used a Racepak for well over five years and love it. It’s probably saved me an engine (bad Canton oil pan) and possibly from wrecking a car as it caught oil pressure going over 130 pounds of pressure. Thank God I didn’t have a Fram oil filter on it.

What data logger are you using, or have experience using?
There are a number of them out there... viability of the used market?
which one is easier to use, in your opinion?
Cost is also a factor. All opinions welcome !

I’ve used a couple of different ones. The one I liked best I can’t think of the name. It either was bought out or went tits up.

In fact, IIRC there was one made in Oregon that was pretty good that took a dump too.

I’m looking at the RPM loggers. Pretty sure that’s what I’ll buy. Lots of features, easily expandable and the software looks pretty nice.

I just hate the fact I’ll have to buy a PC based laptop. I wish they’d do the stuff for Mac.

I’ve used a couple of different ones. The one I liked best I can’t think of the name. It either was bought out or went tits up.

In fact, IIRC there was one made in Oregon that was pretty good that took a dump too.

I’m looking at the RPM loggers. Pretty sure that’s what I’ll buy. Lots of features, easily expandable and the software looks pretty nice.

I just hate the fact I’ll have to buy a PC based laptop. I wish they’d do the stuff for Mac.

Is Mac still in business. LOL:rofl:

I looked into the AEM AQ-1 logger.. I like the pricing and flexibility, but especially since it will work with my existing O2 sensor/gauge.
I agree, I wish there were other ways of accessing the data besides a laptop. Like maybe bluetoothing to a tablet.

You probably still have a Beta tv recorder like my Brother in law. Lol.

LOL...I did have one. When I split with the ex-fiancée in 1986 the ***** wanted that bad. That was one of the things I gave her that I shouldn’t have.

I should have given her a black eye or two, but then I’d have a DV on my record, and she wasn’t worth that.

I’ve used a Racepak for well over five years and love it. It’s probably saved me an engine (bad Canton oil pan) and possibly from wrecking a car as it caught oil pressure going over 130 pounds of pressure. Thank God I didn’t have a Fram oil filter on it.

What inputs are you using, and how much do you think you've got wrapped up in it?
Sportsman model?

What inputs are you using, and how much do you think you've got wrapped up in it?
Sportsman model?

Heck I’m not sure how much I spent. Water temps, trans temp, fuel pressure, O2, egt’s, rpm, g force, etc. I have a ring collar for the driveshaft but have to change out my rearend yoke to the strange I bought.

They still work? get rid of them ?

This got my attention... by the time I got to the end of the vid, I forgot why I clicked on it.. :D

Wow did that go up. If you are buying one soon I may be able to scrape you up a 10% off Summit coupon.

I appreciate that John! Not ready though... money is always a factor.

But this is why I like the AEM system. Not only can I use my UEGO o2 senser/gauge via AEM CAN link, but I can also piggy-back my AutoMeter water temp sender. Saves a lot of cash!

Look into some of the daytona sensors products. They all have built in data logging. inputs are not as abundant as the racepack stuff but depending on what you want to log you may not need all the extras.

I have one of their cd-1 ignition boxes that will be going into my turbo car.

Look into some of the daytona sensors products. They all have built in data logging. inputs are not as abundant as the racepack stuff but depending on what you want to log you may not need all the extras.

I have one of their cd-1 ignition boxes that will be going into my turbo car.

Don’t you have to run their ignition?

Here's what I use. I like the green because it's hard to misplace.

DATA LOGGER.jpg

Beta is actually a better format and was what professionals used. Like TV stations. Marketing was what made VHS take over in the consumer market .

It really was. Kitty managed a chain of video stores back in the mid to late 80s before we met. When we married, she came with over 500 VHS tapes and a few betamaxes. She also had a very high end top loading VHS and betamax players. We've replaced all the VHS tapes with DVDs through the years and gotten rid of the VHS player, but we held onto the betamax player. They just never caught on.

-
Back