Daughter's Brand X Engine Died

-

rklein383

Reaction score
Hmm... I wonder why it froze up? The crankshaft doesn't look so good either.

Looks like I have a little work ahead of me on this one.

Rod

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 587
What might it be from????

I got a call yesterday from the son-in-law, he had his blueoval truck out & it died (daughter and grandson were with him.I went out and ended up adding 9 quarts of oil to it. (7.3 diesel) Never did get it started so I towed him with my Dodge plow truck. He dumped the clutch on his truck and got it started, kind of knocking like rocker arms or a bent pushrod. Still sitting in my drive as of now.

Doesn't the light flash, or get a little brighter when it's really bad? You would think they would add a siren or something to warn you before this happens!

My youngest son's ex-GF pulled into the yard in her Honda Civic with it just knocking like crazy. Gee girl, don't you ever check the oil - only down 4 quarts! Heard she seized it up later (was his ex-GF by then).

I got a call yesterday from the son-in-law, he had his blueoval truck out & it died (daughter and grandson were with him.I went out and ended up adding 9 quarts of oil to it. (7.3 diesel) Never did get it started so I towed him with my Dodge plow truck. He dumped the clutch on his truck and got it started, kind of knocking like rocker arms or a bent pushrod. Still sitting in my drive as of now.

Geez, how could you hear a knocking with all the clatter a diesel makes?

Had an ex-wife run her Fiero without oil in it (she thought she was too cute to ever check it). Caused the rod bearings to wear out and started knocking. Then she drove it another 75 miles to get home. Guess she never heard of a tow truck! This was before everyone had a cell phone. I had to pay for the new engine because she never had any money saved from her job.

Some people just deserve to walk!!!

There was plenty of oil, not my daughter's fault there.

Anyway, I tried to get my daughter to describe what it sounded like. After a few minutes of her trying to describe the sound, she said, "it didn't sound good, dad!"

I had to laugh.

We've been looking for a good used car. Man! used cars have gone through the roof.
thanks, OBummer

Hate it when that happens. My sister fried several slants by adding oil after it would spin the bearings from being dry. Last one I looked in the dumpster near where she was parked and found 4 empty oil bottles in it.....and the oil in the motor was sparkling.....and I had not changed the oil in 2k miles.....Honest Doug, I never let it run dry......Might have been born at night but it was not last night......

I towed my daughter's car home when it seized, and I checked the oil right then and there. She's in the clear on this one.

It's been running for some time with a rod bearing that was ready to go.

No use giving her a hard time on this one.

A daughter is definitely different than a wife. At least you had a chance to train your daughter, but your wife is just what you married...LOL.

I towed my daughter's car home when it seized, and I checked the oil right then and there. She's in the clear on this one.

It's been running for some time with a rod bearing that was ready to go.

No use giving her a hard time on this one.

Just fix it for her & send her down the road........

Had an ex-wife run her Fiero without oil in it (she thought she was too cute to ever check it). Caused the rod bearings to wear out and started knocking. Then she drove it another 75 miles to get home. Guess she never heard of a tow truck! This was before everyone had a cell phone. I had to pay for the new engine because she never had any money saved from her job.

Some people just deserve to walk!!!
well,was she?????lol

Well, I have started putting my daughters engine back together.

The oil pickup tube was stuffed full of junked up oil residue that cooked all the liquid out. Looked a little like no bake cookies inside there.

Anyhow, it shouldn't be long before I fire it up. My other daughter has decided she wants the car since my older daughter bought another car.
Rod

My youngest daughter won't driver for over a year. But I wanted to keep it since good cheap used cars are so hard to find right now. And I needed a spare car since I do all the repair work for my other five older kids and wife and it's nice to have an extra car when one dies.
Rod

Maybe you should get both of your daughter and yourself bicycles, than you'd only have yourselves to blame..

Thanks Dubya..

Cheap to fix too, just did a Tercel. Under $500 for a good rebuild. Might just want to call it a day to the block and head to the JY pop the pan on a couple, and grab a new one.

My sisters ex husband had a 1969 coronet with a slant six. He said oil light came on and what should he do. I asked if he checked the oil and he said yea it is full. Dumb *** drove it for two weeks with a piece of tape over the light. It seized and he was like what happened. I pulled dip stick and not a drop of oil. My Dad bought the car from him cheap and I put a junk yard engine in it and my younger sister drove the wheels off it. Slant six are tough to kill that's for sure.

Cheap to fix too, just did a Tercel. Under $500 for a good rebuild. Might just want to call it a day to the block and head to the JY pop the pan on a couple, and grab a new one.

I will have around 750 into it. I didn't need boring which helped a little.
Rod

-
Back