Daul Exhaust???

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
Hey All. I am wanting to put headers and dauls on my 225 71 Swinger. Is there anyplace to buy an exhaust kit? Or do i have to get a a v8 kit and adapt it for use with the /6?
It will be a few months before I install but looking at the options now. Thanks for the help.

most quality muffler shops can make you an exhaust from scratch. i had a dual exhaust made up and installed on my old fury , it cost me $300. about 6 years ago. have you looked at dutra duels instead of headers? they will let you keep the factory choke and i hear that they do make extra power. i would like to get a pair for my valiant.

Well, i have though about DD's. But I am picking up an extra 225 that already has the headers and a offy 4brl intake. so I won't need the factory choke. i am thinking of elect choke if needed.
But thanks for the advise on a shop. just around here most can only install from their shelf stock. I am looking at getting a 2 1/4 for the car.

When I had the \6 in my Cuda I had 6 into 2 headers and had my father inlaws muffler shop make a 2 1/4" dual system for it. I had the pipes run parallel off the staggered collectors just past the main case of the tranny they both turned toward the center of the car with the inboard pipe crossing under the tailshaft of the tranny. The pipes were then routed along either side of the drive shaft in the same position as a v8 dual system and out the back of the car. I also had an H-pipe cross over right where they started running on either side of the drive shaft.

When I swapped in the 360 I cut the passenger side pipe infront of the H and flipped it 180 and it almost lined up perfectly with the passenger side collector.

What I am finally getting to is if you buy one of the dual kits that Summit and Jegs sell for $200 or so you will be able to make it work. It will need some cutting/welding but it I believe you can do it without needing to bend any new pipes. You will wind up with a nice mandrel bent system for relatively small out lay of cash.

Slant6.jpg

333 thats what I wanted to hear. Now you other guys listen,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ok Thanks to everyone. now I need to get planning for summer project
After I finish the winter one that is.
Again thanks all.

Thanks Myfirstmopar.

I guess I need to get a resto thread going for the whole car.

-
Back