David Vizard s rods grinding mods etc ?

-

ValerianMagnum

the little car that could
Reaction score
What do you guys think of David vizard s mods on the 318 ( mission impossible ) rods grinding and all ? He as a tons of little tricks for a 318 and small Blocks , Wonder if it needs to be balanced ? Very Interesting things

I think the guy is pretty smart & I've subscribed to his YouTube channel mainly because of the "Mission Impossible" work he was challenged to do. His little tricks are very interesting too. I would surely balance EVERYTHING before assembly, it's just time consuming, not difficult & worth every minute spent, no matter what engine you're working on.

When making hp there's the easy relatively cost/time effective mods (cam heads etc..) then there all the little things that add smaller amounts but add up if you do enough of them, most tend to do the 1st way unless building for a restrictive and or highly competitive class.

Earlier on he has a video on a cheap way to show and balance rods.

The grinding on the rods is nothing new. I have a 360 that the rods were smoothed down and shoot peened. It was expensive to do but it’s worth the cost if you’re going forth with all of these little tricks. Once you know how to do the work and do the work yourself, you’ll probably appreciate the cost of the machinist to do the work. It’s very time consuming to do.

When you do all the little tricks all over the engine, for what it is, the combination of parts all together, it’ll out run an equally built engine and others will be saying, it runs really well for what it is. They will know somebody spent some extra time on the engine.

I just use the mopar free floating light rods.

Much lighter than the 645s, and no grinding needed.

☆☆☆☆☆

I just use the mopar free floating light rods.

Much lighter than the 645s, and no grinding needed.

☆☆☆☆☆
Right, the earlier rods are lighter, and He could've tweaked those with a lot less work. But I'm sure Guru UT didn't tell Him that, nor scrounge around for a set in His vast treasure trove of all-things Mopar. RRR had a set for sale here a while back..

-
Back