Day at the Junk Yard

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
Here are some pictures I took a few weeks ago, my dad (FISHYPETE) and I went to a yard to pull a timing cover from a 318 poly in a 59 Dodge Truck for fellow FABO member fstfish66, Don needed help finding one of these odd covers and Dad knew where some were hiding....so a PM went out to Don and we scored the cover for him and took some cool pics :glasses7:

The first 3 pics are of the truck that had the cover on it :thumblef:

Here is the cover we got, it is a unique timing chain/water pump cover that the 1959 Dodge Truck poly 318 engine had :glasses7:

that looks like a good salvage yard to me .......you say "JUNK YARD" but I don't see any junk.

I saw some junk .The Chevy truck all jacked in the *** . The rest looked like all classic cool stuff .

Here we call them junk yards LOL :D Rani has lectured me about that before and said I need to call them "salvage" yards instead :-#

Anybody else hear the banjos playing ? :D

Very cool of you to do that for Don. :thumblef:

man you guys are lucky too have junk yards like that there. Our junk yards here in So Calif have nothing but later model cars from the 90's into the early 2000's all that older stuff gets sent to this place called memory lane which worked a deal with the local yards to get all the old stuff so he can charge inflated prices for the older parts. Reminds me when I lived near Columbia So Carolina back in 87. Cool pictures.

A member on here is looking for almost all the glass for one of the 5 window '48-'53 pilot house cabs if there is any there Keith.

That timing cover looks alot like the one in my 73 combine that runs a 318 but not a poly. The truck the cover came from looks to have 2 master cylinders.

That timing cover looks alot like the one in my 73 combine that runs a 318 but not a poly. The truck the cover came from looks to have 2 master cylinders.

Very possible! The dual master's meant it was a manual trans I believe, but the timing cover might be the same as industrial engines...from what i'm told that cover is really hard to find, it raises the water pump up higher, not all poly 318 trucks had them.....interesting...can you get a picture sometime? Curious minds would like to know. It is a cast iron piece, not aluminum :glasses7:

thats a pretty cool salvage yard. like all the classics in it didn't know they a made a 318 in 59 interestin. though only a 273 was avaliable in 59

Lots of cool iron. Shame to see the fate of some vehicles. I do love the duel masters!

I love old junk yards as we call them. But they are all being closed up. There is one up are way the township has been citing this guy for years. Two weeks ago He had enough. He went into the twp. meeting and shot everyone killing three. Emptied the gun. went back out reloaded and went back in for seconds.

Looks like pics of his yard.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/06/ross-township-shooting_n_3710885.html

I saw lots of classic truck parts that could help in folks restorations, I personally would post these photos on the classic truck forums you could probly make some extra income!!!!

A member on here is looking for almost all the glass for one of the 5 window '48-'53 pilot house cabs if there is any there Keith.
Thanks for the help DarTT!....if you mean my new project? If your out there again 66340SEDAN and find a 1954-1955 1/2, with a one piece front screen, two corners and small flat back glass, let me know! I needs lots of help on this one. All of our senior car and truck resting pastures have made way to town-homes, condos and mountain bike parking here in Disney Durango.
Cool score and a sweet pasture for pikin! :glasses7:
Larry

many thanks to pete and keith,, i did some research that timing cover was used in dodge trucks,,,and some type of air port loading equipment with a poly,, the timing cover raises the water pump up higher so the fan is centered in the radiator of a larger vehicle where the motor is mounted down low,,

1966 was the last year for the poly 318 in the US and 1967 was the last year of it in canada,,,,

the canadian dodge truck (FARGO) used a raised water pump timing cover also,,,but a totally different water pump and rebuilt water pumps for the fargo seem unavailable,,,

the fellow asking about pilot house truck glass,, there is a forum for the mostly stock 40s plymouth and dodges that also has a pilot house truck section,,,it is caller the P15/D24 site,,,

P 15 is a plymouth model number D24 is for dodge,,,there are a few hot rodders over there,, also check the H,AM,B, forum for glass,,,good luck hope this helps

-
Back