Day from hell

-

Mopar471

Reaction score
I went out to start the Duster after a 2 week vacation (jersey shore) and got nothing. Knowing its a Mopar I first changed the Ballast resisitor. Nothing. I then changed the voltage regulator. Nothing. Then the starter. When I rehooked up the batery the car tried to start. Wires touching. After changing my underwear from the scare of the car starting with the keys on the dashboard I got the car running. After taking around the block once and it bogging down under hard acceleration, I figured that since I am already sweating and greasy I should tune the carb since I have been putting it off. I attempted several times at adjusting it and could not find a "happy spot". My son returned from his grandparents house and asked to throw the football for a few minutes. Deciding thta this was a good time for a break I gladly went. Upon returning to the car it again would not start, so i jumped the started seloniod and the car started ( ordered a new one from yearone over night). With the car running again I tried to adjust the carb only to realize that I fouled all the plugs. Remind me again why I love this car. A trip to the parts store during the day is now in order to get new plugs, cap, rotor and wires. So how was everyones elses day.

Untitled 2.jpg

Check that bulkhed connector. Most electrical gremlins originate from that area.... Corrosion and dirt are the issues there.

More importantly, how was the time you spent with your son?:thumrigh:

That was the beat part of the day. By tomorrow night I hope to have it running better, as long as my wife doen't find anymore parts boxes in the garage. If she does it might windup being the only 71 Duster with the camper in the backseat option.

Mopar471 said:
I hope to have it running better, as long as my wife doen't find anymore parts boxes in the garage. If she does it might windup being the only 71 Duster with the camper in the backseat option.

lol.gif

Had spark, got it running, starter relay was bad, took carb off and rebuilding it now. Should be back on the car within the week and hopefully running right.

-
Back