DC/MP camshaft part number info

-

340mopar

Sorgermotorsports
Reaction score
Does anyone have an old DC or MP parts book? I am looking for info on a camshaft #P3614466

Thanks,
Chuck

Chuck,
About what year? As I have looked back to 77 and didn't see the # and some of the #'s were beginning with 341...., this would have to be in the mid 70's and the oldest book that I have is 77. Is this cam a small block or big block? Most of the cams back then that they listed were cam dynamics or racer brown, and cam dynamics has been gone for a good # of years. Do you have a idea on what it is your looking for? Maybe I could find something this way.

It is an LA cam and that number is stamped on the back. Supposed to be a Trans Am cam but that doesn't seem right being the number starts with 36 like you said. I would like to find the specs on it. The box it is in is blank except hand written in felt marker 466.

Chuck

Chuck,
The part # that I show for the 340 6 bbl is 2899206 and the specs for this cam is .430/.444 268/276 adv. dur. This is the same as the HP 340 for 68-73. This book that I found go's back to 64 on cam P #'s. It doesn't show any # that starts with 361, it jumps from 289 to 351 then to 383 and up 404,521 and so on. This book covers 1964-1986 camshafts.

It is a performance part because of the "P" in front of the number. Are you just using the number without the "P"? I know that you know it does make a difference. When I say Trans Am I mean the real Trans Am engines that were 305ci.

Chuck

Here is a pic

340cam2.jpg

Mr.340,i will look into the part number and get back to you on the spec.if you could measure the base circle and the lobe height this would help some,Mrmopartech

I have some really old direct connection (about 1974 or 75) and hustle stuff (earlier) catalogs in the garage. Will look tomorrow AM and let you know if I can ID it.

Chuck,
Sorry that I didn't get back to you as I have the info somewhere still packed up from moving, so I requested the help of Mrmopartech. I know I'll run across this info eventually when I'm not looking for it as this is the way it always happens, sorry I couldn't be of more help at this time.

Looked in my old parts books and could not find that part number. Based on the number it should be from the mid to early 70's, thats all I can tell you - sorry.

I have looked everywere for that number and I can't find it either, weird. I actually don't have the cam, someone is selling it and they have no idea what it is either. I was considering buying it but I was hoping to find out what it was first.

Thanks,
Chuck

-
Back