DD8 Headers. Will they fit power steering ?

-

one mile

Reaction score
DD8 Headers, (Sanderson) are they fitting early A Bodies with power steering like they say they will? if so please elaborate ,got to move forward with my project. Thanks

So Joe, are these what I need for my 66 Valiant (Victoria) to go with my 360 swap sir?
Or do you have an opinion on something else ?
YES, She is getting a fresh 360 and 904 dropr in her . I have engine and trans 904 dun and waiting on me .

So Joe, are these what I need for my 66 Valiant (Victoria) to go with my 360 swap sir?
Or do you have an opinion on something else ?
YES, She is getting a fresh 360 and 904 dropr in her . I have engine and trans 904 dun and waiting on me .

in my opinion i doubt they fit a 67-up abody properly let alone an early abody.

i say if you want headers in a 63-66 abody then don't mess with this shorty crap that is more a headache (unless you find a cheap set of spitfires in good shape) then anything else and just buy a set of dougs or tti. not cheap but they fit. personally if i do another early abody i'll lose a little and go with the smaller tube and collector dougs headers just because they look to fit easier.

Thank you Joe, this is what I was afraid of, I have been lookin for a possible good fit that will not be a headache, drag on speed bumbs and hang to low or rattle and hit inner fendr and other components.
I don't mind paying an extra hundred and a half for a good fitting and longer lasting header . If I can't find any I will not hesitate to install a set of manifolds.

Thanks Guys for the info. I just can't seem to bring myself to put stock 273 manifolds back on the car and I really don't have $ for Doug's set up. Guess I will keep looking for info till I get it all buttoned back up and save exhaust for last. only have a few days till then......

I would like to hear from someone out there that actually has put them on their car with power steering (her's is a 273 - 65 Barracuda) and if what mods they say you need , how hard was it? Thanks again....

I was unable to fit them on my '65 Barracuda with manual steering. The passenger side would not fit at all. The driver side will fit if you don't use a steering shaft. No way they fit with power steering.

OUCH ! Well that pushes me back toward the high $ headers.....I guess it will be stock exhaust manifolds. Thanks for the info.......

-
Back