De Arching SS Springs

-
I am swapping out my springs in the next couple weeks. They are original stock springs. If they are the type you want they are yours for free. All you have to pay for is shipping.

Nodak, thanks for the offer but I've still got my stock springs available if needed, although they're currently set aside for another project.

I have the 863/864SS springs (2800#) on my Demon and it doesn't sit sky high. I've also read the ride isn't to bad with them. They're about 115 a side. The tires are 28" tall.
I like the look of those wheels! Still a little high for my liking. I'm currently using a 26inx12.5 mickeythompson on 10" weld rodlites. I'm looking at going to something in the 26.5 to 27in range but a drag radial.

I put super stock springs on my son's duster and flipped the front spring mount and used wedge shims to correct the pinion angle

Looks good for stock hangers!

the front spring hanger bolt is at the bottom stock, to flip it you have to slot the holes in the torque box.
Not that it applies to his application but no you don't you just swap them side for side to flip them without cutting the torque box -pays to be a tiny bit smarter than the part eh !

Not that it applies to his application but no you don't you just swap them side for side to flip them without cutting the torque box -pays to be a tiny bit smarter than the part eh !
LOL, wrong, the top bolts in the front spring hanger are narrower than the bottom bolts, so it doesn't matter what side you put them on, if you flip them the bolts don't fit the holes, obviously you have never worked on these so don't comment on things you have no idea about,

I have done the flip on my barracuda , the difference in the spread is minimal and only required a little elongation of the holes so maybe you shouldn't talk shyte to people you don't know , as I said you only need to be a tiny bit smarter than the part eh mister 13 posts in 5 years . Hotrodding is all about finding solutions to make things better not throwing parts at cars and hoping they will work the way you want .

I have done the flip on my barracuda , the difference in the spread is minimal and only required a little elongation of the holes so maybe you shouldn't talk shyte to people you don't know , as I said you only need to be a tiny bit smarter than the part eh mister 13 posts in 5 years . Hotrodding is all about finding solutions to make things better not throwing parts at cars and hoping they will work the way you want .
go back and read my post, slotting the holes is what I said, but I will let you take credit for my post since you have so many more post's than me, that just prove's how much smarter you are than me, more post's=smarter, I try to tell one thing that I have done and you start an argument? whats your deal?

Simple solution.
Buy the springs you need for your application.
If you modify the arches of the Super Stock springs (they are different on both sides for a reason) you are defeating their purpose.
I happen to like the stance that my car has with them, that's why i bought them.
Sell yours and buy the ones you need to achieve your goals instead of fooling around.......
JMHO.
Tom.

Thanks Dartnut, I think that's what I'm leaning towards, selling the SS Springs and buying new ones with a lower spring rate/less arch.

-
Back