Dead old 750 Holley - Resurrected !

-
There's a couple more flow tests I'd like to do. 1 the addition of a K&N Stub Stak.

View attachment 1715579985

View attachment 1715579987
Mikey likes it ! this added 22 cfm to the primary side, but next to nothing to the sec 2 cfm
which brings our total up to 900 cfm even!
One other bonus here too is the effect the Stub Stak had upon booster strength.. it actually added .2~.4 h2o of strength!

Since this carb didn't have a choke blade in it, I dug through all my junk and found all of the parts needed to complete a OE Holley manual choke.
What a disappointment that was.... with the SS removed, the choke valve killed 18 cfm, drawing us back to 858 cfm. (without SS)

Unfortunately, I'm done for now... apparently carb kits are slim pickin's right now, so I can't give you pics of the finished product.
I've got one other flow test to perform, but other duties have be sidetracked for now.

STAY TUNED... more to come !

Yep, I had a NASTY time finding a kit for a 4160 I just finished. Sweating bullets finding one.

You might try Mike’s Carb Parts. That’s where I found the one I needed, and the price wasn’t atrocious.

Yours is the exact example of why I just cringe doing those carbs any more. The amount of work is staggering.

I just tell them to buy new, non Holley branded carbs and tune from there. By the time you do all that work, fix all the brass so you can change it and all that, you still end up with a cast main body, base plate and metering block.

BTW, I got burned twice using 8-32 screws for the T slot restricters. I ran into a couple of builds that needed bigger than .078ish T slot restricters and that’s about all you can get with the 8-32’s, so I just do them in 10-32 now. Saves the grief of fixing it.

You have the patience of Job.

Yep, I had a NASTY time finding a kit for a 4160 I just finished. Sweating bullets finding one.

You might try Mike’s Carb Parts. That’s where I found the one I needed, and the price wasn’t atrocious.

Yours is the exact example of why I just cringe doing those carbs any more. The amount of work is staggering.

I just tell them to buy new, non Holley branded carbs and tune from there. By the time you do all that work, fix all the brass so you can change it and all that, you still end up with a cast main body, base plate and metering block.

BTW, I got burned twice using 8-32 screws for the T slot restricters. I ran into a couple of builds that needed bigger than .078ish T slot restricters and that’s about all you can get with the 8-32’s, so I just do them in 10-32 now. Saves the grief of fixing it.

You have the patience of Job.

Thank you!! Tips are going in top draw!

Yeah, for the price point of some of these aftermarket carbs, it's kinda silly to stay old school. Unless rules forbid it.
The above carb is your point... probably not going to sell..

Now, if I had your tuning wit, I'd be in some tall cotton! Lol

-
Back