Dead Radio all of a sudden !

-

A340

Reaction score
70 Duster AM thumbnail radio. Has been working fine. All of a sudden goes dead. Checked Fuse OK, Checked wiring Connections, OK Any suggestions on what to try next? Any fuses inside radio??

I have the same problem in my 69 fish. It's the stock AM radio and it comes on when it wants to. Some day I'll troubleshoot it but it's a low priority now. It's probably a rusty fuse or bad connector somewhere or even a bad on/off switch inside the radio. Some day soon I'll pull er out and power it up on the bench to find out what is up.

The speaker is new, the wires are still connected tight. Pain to remove the radio because you have to remove the whole dang dash panel to get to the 2 mounting screws.

Thinking about mounting a JVC FM-Disc player in the trunk as close to the back seat as I can get, that has a remote. (Possibly near where the sending unit wire goes down through to the fuel tank) Does anyone know if the remote will power right through the back seat? Or does the infra red light have to make direct contact??

This way I can leave the stock radio in and no one else knows the difference excpt for the 2 6x9 speakers in the rear. But was also thinking of getting a new package tray that already has the speaker holes cut in them. Anyone else have a set up like this??

That radio should have been attached with keyhole studs, like the ones that hold the dash speaker up. Remove the ashtray hanger to get to the nuts on those.

Wish it was that simple. The Thumbnail radio has 2 threaded holes in which 2 phillips head screws go through the dash with the radio behind it and tighten it up against the dash. Also has a brace on the rear that fits over the lower dash lip. Appreciate your help though. Maybe that was the way it was supposed to be, but when I took the dash apart, thats what I got.

-
Back