Decade Dart - father son '70 Dart 340 4 speed project

-
Thanks. No, no finished pictures yet, but fairly soon. The car is about 95% there but still needs the headlights and grill installed, and a few other small details taken care of before its ready for "finished" photos.

WOW! Has it really been a year since my last update? Where does the time go??
Sadly, the car is still unfinished - the grill has yet to be restored and installed.
However, we did button up the mechanicals and take her out on the road late last summer for the first time. SO worth the journey.

photo 3.JPG

Last edited:
And... the incomplete status did not prevent us from making our car show debut last month at Mopars in the Park near Sacramento.
When the car is finally finished for real, I will take and upload many more photos to this thread.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 4.jpg

Last edited:
That engine bay looks familiar ! Mine also sports Eddy heads, intake, cam, etc... and painted like the factory motor ! Fools tons of people ....

Attachments

• dsc_0008.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 243
  • dsc_0009.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 249
Ashamed to admit this car is STILL not done. Recently had the original shifter rebuilt (and rechromed) by Hurst, to address some sloppy shifting. It looks fantastic but we haven't reinstalled it yet. Also, the grill and headlights are still undone :(
When it IS finally complete, I will definitely upload some pictures here!

Damn, where do the years go? I haven't updated this build thread in ages!
The grill is now all buttoned up, and the car is back in service. Is the restoration done?... they never really are, are they? There are still some details to finish up and some bugs to work out, but we get the car out and about, and made another show appearance at a concours event last fall, pictured here.
upload_2022-8-2_16-13-41.png

upload_2022-8-2_16-20-23.png

-
Back