December 7, 1941, 68 years ago

-

Fstforward

Barracuda Freak
Reaction score
We should all take a moment, at some time, today, and remember those who gave their lives, or were injured, for that matter, at Pearl Harbor, 68 years ago, today.

I know I will!!

FF

My Grandfathers brother survived the attacks. My Grandfather joined the Navy right after and fought in WW2 and Korea. Thanks Grandpa

Let's not forget that this dastardly sneak attack was the largest loss of life caused by foreign forces in the history of America. Until 9/11. Sad, but that one seems to be fading in everyone's memory for some reason. We should be raising Holy Hell until the perpetrators of that one are caught and dealt with.

And both should be celebrated Holidays, Not just a reminder on the calendar

We should all take a moment, at some time, today, and remember those who gave their lives, or were injured, for that matter, at Pearl Harbor, 68 years ago, today.

I know I will!!

FF
Yes I will Fstforward, My great uncle Linerd H.Bonner survived the attack and lost his foot and many friends that day :angry7:
He was a crane operator for the US Navy and carried on as a crane operator in Norwalk Calf. I give thank's to all the men and women that gave there lives to keep us safe

Oddly enough, my dad is celebrating his 68th b-day today! Born the hour Pearl Harbor was attacked...

And the attack continues on the economic front.
BUY AMERICAN!

All too often, the lessons of history are lost on the younger generations as memories fade. Pearl Harbor is one that should never be forgotten.
Sadly enough, the only thing I've seen scheduled on tv today regarding Pearl Harbor is some programming on the History Channel.
My uncle was stationed on board the USS West Virginia on December 7, 1941, and survived the attack. The West Virginia was at anchor just ahead of and outboard of the Arizona. My uncle just passed a couple of years ago but I remember his stories of that day. He had to swim under the burning oil on the waters surface in order to get away from his ship. To his dying day he could never go in water that was higher than his knee without seeing the burning oil in his minds eye.
I salute all of our veterans for our freedom.
Never forget either December 7th or September 11th.

My Dad was a fighter pilot in the Army Air Corps stationed at Hickam field on Dec 7, 1941. Most of the planes never got off the ground. Over the years its come out that Washington knew that an attack by the Japs was immenant but kept the fact from the commanders at Pearl Harbor. There was a story a year or so ago where they finally admitted to that fact and gave the Navy commander there his dues instead of making him the scape-goat. Shame how politicians twist everything to their own whims!! Celebrate Pearl Harbor Day by picketing a Toyota dealership or go in and ask if they are running a Pearl Harbor Day sale.

Yes people forget all to quickly, I bet a lot of people who praise how great there toyotas are, had family lost at pearl harbour, but yet they buy a jap car and send there money to japan.

-
Back