Deep 727 Pan

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Have any of you used one of these Speedmaster 727 pans Speedmaster Deep-Finned Automatic Transmission Pans PCE221-1015 ? Are they worth a ****? Otherwise, are there any other deep 727 pans you can recommend, or any to avoid??? Thanks!

sdm-pce221-1015_ml.jpg

I got one on the 40% off sale...pretty nice pan...no bolts or filter extension comes with it...

I see that it requires the purchase of a B&M filter extension, so factor that into the final price compared to the others.

I've always used the Mopar Performance steel deep pans on my race cars (727 & 904) for cost & weight considerations. I do have a similar, but different brand, finned, cast aluminum pan on my 2004 Dodge Dually transmission. Like the Mopar cast valve covers, I like the fact that it is quite stiff, won't warp, dent or leak because of it. Obviously, it won't rust and should help a bit with heat dissipation as well. There is a neat, metal reinforced reusable gasket for most transmissions also that works well in this application.

I didn't notice that it didn't come with bolts, but70aarcuda reminded me of another detail related to that style pan.....chances are that it will require allen head bolts.

Summit Racing SME-1009R or SME1009 (with and without Summit logo) appear to be pretty decent and comes with a nice aluminum filter extension. The bolts that come with it to attach the pan to the transmission have a small 12 point head that works just fine, but I had to buy a 12 point socket at Home Depot to fit it. I forget if the heads were 8mm or 5/16" with 12 point. If I recall correctly, those bolts also had dry locking compound on the threads. I have not run this transmission yet, but the parts fit well. Check out their website. the pictures look accurate for what I got.
My previous transmissions used the TCI cast aluminum pans. Always served me well, but trying the Summit pan this time.

I use a stock stamped steel pan from a 90's truck. The 518/46re pans are the same bolt pattern. You can buy a filter extension from ebay and just about any trans parts place. I got my pan from the local oreillys.

Dorman part# 265-827

It's pretty beefy! I've got it under my truck, so there's clearance, might be too low on a Abody street car.

I guess you might want a filter extension on a four wheel drive, but otherwise, you are just sucking up debris off the bottom of the pan. My truck's 727 has a deep chrome pan w/drain plug off ebay for $29.98 free shipping, but the A518 pan is thicker steel.

I have an A&A deep pan like that for a 904. Great piece.

I'm using the trick flow cast aluminum deep pan kit.
a very nice quality piece.

I guess you might want a filter extension on a four wheel drive, but otherwise, you are just sucking up debris off the bottom of the pan. My truck's 727 has a deep chrome pan w/drain plug off ebay for $29.98 free shipping, but the A518 pan is thicker steel.
Do u have a link. Thanks. Kim

-
Back