Deep Question.

-

/6 Matt

30 Degrees Crooked
Reaction score
Why is it I know so much about the world around me, yet so little about myself? Is that normal? Just thought I'd see what anyone had to say about a little random thought.

:-k

I do not think we know much about the world at all, but I bet you know more about your self than you think. And -what is your age?

One way to learn more about yourself is to ask someone who has known you for a long time, such as a sibling or a close friend. You may be surprised by what you hear, surprised in a good way.

Socrates said something to the effect of "I now know that I know nothing." You're better off knowing more than you think you know, as opposed to walking around thinking you know everything.

What I do know about myself is that I am what I am:happy10: and what I don't know about myself is what I will learn 8)
The world is a deferent story:clock:, It changes faster then I grow in knowledge :angry7:
Up dates and understanding them are why I can't keep up:angry7:
Because I am always learning about my self and the people around me... I learn something everyday :cheers:

My 2 cents worth of thought :happy10:

Well, some of this has been interesting insight. Interesting or not, it is much appreciated. Being ignorant (I still am) scares the living hell out of me. Keep it coming guys.

Question 1: How old are you?
17 since you've forggotten.

I do not think we know much about the world at all, but I bet you know more about your self than you think. And -what is your age?
I diagree, we as a whole know alot about the world around us, ALOT. But, if you had a way to look at everything we don't know about the world around us, that which we do would pail in comparison.

One way to learn more about yourself is to ask someone who has known you for a long time, such as a sibling or a close friend. You may be surprised by what you hear, surprised in a good way.
Interesting you should say that, I have a friend that is also really big on introspection, like myself. I told her one day, something along the lines of "It's interesting how we know more about our friends than we know about ourselves, and visa versa." I've already tried what you suggested, all I found is that they give good insight on the part of me they know. I already know plenty about the part of me others know, it's the part that only I know that truly confuses me.

Socrates said something to the effect of "I now know that I know nothing." You're better off knowing more than you think you know, as opposed to walking around thinking you know everything.
Oh how I hate Socrates, he followed me throughout my entire High School career, which is almost over now :bootysha::toothy10:. The funny thing is, this is my favorite saying of his. I follow it most all the time.

What I do know about myself is that I am what I am:happy10: and what I don't know about myself is what I will learn 8)
The world is a deferent story:clock:, It changes faster then I grow in knowledge :angry7:
Up dates and understanding them are why I can't keep up:angry7:
Because I am always learning about my self and the people around me... I learn something everyday :cheers:

My 2 cents worth of thought :happy10:
Knowing that I am what I am isn't enough for me, it leaves out a whole world of understanding what's inside. I came to the realization that it's hard to understand the world around you without understanding what's inside yourself. I find it funny say that about learning something each day, my dad used to always tell me I should learn something new each day, I've lived my life by that. I agree, the world changes quickly, I still remember the morning I woke up after a long night of debauchery and spending $$$ out the ***, I turned on the news so I could find out the economy (and the world tied to it) went to hell in a handbag whilst I was getting busy last night. That was a quick change, especially for my wallet.:toothy10:

Question 1: How old are you?

17 since you've forggotten.

Like me, Dan is old and we tend to forget:toothy10:

Still, his question is valid. I remember a friend who had this posted in his garage;

View attachment fun-sign-235-teenagers-act-now--950-p.jpg

Since I have teenaged children, I can see the humor in it. I'm having great fun being the demented old codger and I've earned it! I never saw it in myself when I was teenaged, but at 53, my hindsight is getting better and my eyesight is failing.

Like me, Dan is old and we tend to forget:toothy10:

Still, his question is valid. I remember a friend who had this posted in his garage;

View attachment 200529

Since I have teenaged children, I can see the humor in it. I'm having great fun being the demented old codger and I've earned it! I never saw it in myself when I was teenaged, but at 53, my hindsight is getting better and my eyesight is failing.
Age has little to do with memory, I can hardly remember what I had for breakfast. I wasn't dissmissing his question, I was a little surprised because me and Dan have had a couple of age related disscussions before. I do love that poster, when I was but a young tyke and my bro was about my current age, my parents bought a similar poster and put it in his bathroom. :toothy10: My 9th grade english teacher had one too.

I think you been watchin too many Oprah reruns.

I think you been watchin too many Oprah reruns.
Damn it! Busted! lol

The only problem with you theory is that I totally hate Oprah. Ellen's a different story. :toothy10:

No, I don't really like her either...:angry7:

Now craig Ferguson is where it's at!

we truly do not know what we think we know and when weknow it we tend to ignore it.

make sense? i think i confused myself. lol

we truly do not know what we think we know and when when know it we tend to ignore it.

make sense? i think i confused myself. lol
Acutally, after reading it a couple of time (it confused the hell out of me too) I began to see some truth behind that.

Interesting...

"Know" is the key word here. "We" know nothing while "He" knows everything. That's all "we" need to "know".

"Know" is the key word here. "We" know nothing while "He" knows everything. That's all "we" need to "know".
When you say "he" are you implying god? Or me? Cause I definitely don't know everything. If god does, that's no help to a faithless man such as myself. Nice profile pic by the way, I like it better than the last one. But I must urge you burn that shirt before someone shoots you! lol

The magic of photo shop, and pictures of mullinax 95's hand/girlfriend.

I definitely don't know everything. If god does, that's no help to a faithless man such as myself.

Duck 'n' cover, Matt; you're probably about to get a bunch of well-intended but misguided and narrowminded preaching and proselytising. They're welcome to their religious beliefs, and they're welcome to consider those beliefs true, but they are not entitled to enforce their beliefs on others. Fact is, millions and millions of people are good without god—and we are every bit as welcome to hold our beliefs as the religious are to hold theirs.

Duck 'n' cover, Matt; you're probably about to get a bunch of well-intended but misguided and narrowminded preaching and proselytising. They're welcome to their religious beliefs, and they're welcome to consider those beliefs true, but they are not entitled to enforce their beliefs on others. Fact is, millions and millions of people are good without god—and we are every bit as welcome to hold our beliefs as the religious are to hold theirs.
Mmm... Duck and cover indeed. I respect others beliefs and such, but if they push them on me, I will tell them I am not interested in it and leave it all at that. Now if they can't leave it at that, I will turn VERY very ugly, I have dealt with folks that can't let me remain faithless. I know how to handle them now, it's as simple as telling them about the party I'll throw when I'm in hell and then inviting them. 8)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmg9WZrhIsI"]YouTube - They're Coming to Take Me Away - Napoleon XIV[/ame]

Sorry, I just could not help myself.

Actually, I should say sorry. My computer is on strike with watching youtube right now. Whatever it is though, I'll assume it's something of humor.

Yes, it is. Just to show that we have some fun around here. :toothy10:

Oh man……. The insecurities of youth.

We all had them. It's part of the transition from a child to an adult.

As a 42 year old man let me give you some advise on being 17. Boobs are real nice to look at but even better to touch.

That's about all you need to know at 17.

One other thing……… Very little matters at your age as far as how you feel about life or yourself.

Just try to enjoy the ride.

Your perception of everything will change by the time you hit 35.

No preachin from here. Other people have their faith (or lack thereof) and I have mine.

-
Back