Deep thoughts and some questions

-
Jet engines rely on the compressor section .

upload_2022-2-10_19-32-5.jpeg

You know know that screwed with me for a long time?

How do rockets create thrust in a vaccum?

I kicked that idea around for a long time. Finaly i had to google it. It was starting to make me crazy.

:)

You know know that screwed with me for a long time?

How do rockets create thrust in a vaccum?

I kicked that idea around for a long time. Finaly i had to google it. It was starting to make me crazy.

:)

you think thats bad, consider this
when you empty out your vacuum cleaners bag...you become a vacuum cleaner

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reactiongifs.com%2Fr%2F2013%2F04%2FTomsMindBlown.gif

Ok. That is good.

I never thought about how we used submarines.

Im literally sitting on the edge of my chair reading it.

Probably not interesting to you but I use to live on Plaomares rd. It was just the name of the road. Now I wonder who named it?

Thank you.

Have you read this?

Shadow Divers: The True Adventure of Two Americans Who Risked Everything to Solve One of the Last Mysteries of World War II by Robert Kurson 0375760989 9780375760983

It is one of my favorites.

I think you would like it.

Its about sunken german U boat off the east coast.

It is one of the best books i have ever had the pleasure of reading.

Last edited:
density = mass/volume but liquids are complicated by changes in temperature and pressure. see

Liquids - Densities vs. Pressure and Temperature Change

Ok so I had to dig into this lake. I thought that methane is soluble in water and that lakes do this seasonal turnover thing when temperatures change. Anyway your curiosity led me to this study which is full of references to previous literature that shine some light on what's going on in there. This water has depth, temperature inversions, and dissolved solids that are trapping the CH4 it sounds like. Thanks for that and cheers
Water and gas chemistry at Lake Kivu (DRC): Geochemical evidence of vertical and horizontal heterogeneities in a multibasin structure
F. Tassi,O. Vaselli,D. Tedesco,G. Montegrossi,T. Darrah,E. Cuoco,M. Y. Mapendano,R. Poreda … See all authors
First published: 06 February 2009

https://doi.org/10.1029/2008GC002191
Citations: 53

I stayed up late and finished the NR-1 story.

Wow.

Note to self.

Never set foot on a submarine.

Those are some true men.

Thank you.

Well, it depends our course

If the earth is round, it takes less to travel at great depth because it's closer to the axis and therefore a short distance
If the earth is flat, it takes the same amount (untill it hits the wall or falls over the edge)

Young Admiral Byrd, reports from Antarctica circa 1947, claims to have seen his planes hitting something in mid-air and exploding in fireballs. Some years later, he said it on camera.

-
Back