Define some words for me

-

gdizzle

Reaction score
I am new to this forum and to old cars.

Definitions of these terms would be great. I apologize ahead of time for being new to all this:

Mopar
A Body
Re-Popped

Mopar: motor-parts: chryslers parts division
A Body: dart,demon,valiant,scamp... etc.
Re-Popped: reproduction

I'll add that A-body is just a name for the platform the car is built on. Lots of mechanical parts will interchange between platforms. Platform names are totally different between manufactures, its just whatever they felt like naming it.

For instance

Chrysler A-body: compact car platform, the dart, duster, valiant and so on and so forth.
General Motors A-body: mid size car platform, the camaro, firebird, cutlass etc.
Ford F-body: pony car. The Fox body mustang.
Chrysler F-body: Mid size car platform, aspen volare etc.

See how they're all totally different cars with coincidentally the same name? Also note just because the F-body is the mid size car platform for Chrysler doesn't mean all Chrysler midsizes are F-bodies. In the 60's-mid 70's the mid size was the B-body, the F- body was its successor in the late 70's-early 80's. Fast forward and if I'm not mistaken the current Chrysler mid size is the LX platform with the charger, challenger and 300C

You came to right place to ask questions sir. A wealth of knowledge is here.

For instance . . .

General Motors A-body: mid size car platform, the camaro, firebird, cutlass etc.

Just to clarify: the GM A-body platform does not include the Camaro and Firebird. Those are unibody cars of a different platform. The GM A's are the Chevelle, Tempest, Skylark and Cutlass. L8r

Mopar = differant
A Body = man (become or know one)
Re-Popped = Chevelle's - Camaro's

-
Back