Defrost Vent tubes

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
What do you guys use in place of the vent tubes that are deteriorated in your cars? I cant bring myself to spend that much money on the vent tubes and figure there has to be a alternative.

But what am I looking for.. I wander around those places already and just stare! LOL

Yeah, me too. I usually get in one of them places and forget what I came for. I'm like a raccoon with a bag of shiny quarters.

Honestly I don't remember where exactly I found it at the Depot (roof ducts, or dryer ducts, ?), but they had a section that had flexible ducting in several sizes.
Sometimes, if it's a short section of ducting, the emission hose for a TAC (the shiny silver tube from the exhaust manifold to air cleaner) has done the trick on smaller ducts.

Yeah, me too. I usually get in one of them places and forget what I came for. I'm like a raccoon with a bag of shiny quarters.

Honestly I don't remember where exactly I found it at the Depot (roof ducts, or dryer ducts, ?), but they had a section that had flexible ducting in several sizes.
Sometimes, if it's a short section of ducting, the emission hose for a TAC (the shiny silver tube from the exhaust manifold to air cleaner) has done the trick on smaller ducts.

Or you go there and buy a bunch of stuff that you dont need and forget to grab what you did need!

I've wondered about that carb heat hose, but I'll see what they have for that flexible duct. I've seen it before but wasnt sure if that would work. I believe its only about 1.5" maybe 2"

If you search threads back for enough you'll find exactly what you need. This includes an adapter piece for use where one end of one hose is larger than the other end.

-
Back