Del, you'll get a KICK outta this!!!!!

-
"Back in the day" in my Navy days, I could see it. Today? GPS and "all the other" fancy computerized nav gear? That's pretty bad. Plus, how many airports can there BE in South Dakota, LOL?

I see the runways are in the same general headings, but the buildings are on the wrong sides, LMAO

Ellsworth.jpg

rapid city.jpg

Bothairports.jpg

"Back in the day" in my Navy days, I could see it. Today? GPS and "all the other" fancy computerized nav gear? That's pretty bad. Plus, how many airports can there BE in South Dakota, LOL?

I see the runways are in the same general headings, but the buildings are on the wrong sides, LMAO

View attachment 1714949820

View attachment 1714949821

View attachment 1714949822
after being in the A.F. for 4 yrs., it makes me wonder how they got clearance to land. something is wrong w/ this picture !

And EAFB is at a lower level. And......not the first time it's happened. It's happened like 3 or 4 times. I remember it happening when I was stationed there. I was a part of the 44th SMW, OMMS, MMT section.

And EAFB is at a lower level. And......not the first time it's happened. It's happened like 3 or 4 times. I remember it happening when I was stationed there. I was a part of the 44th SMW, OMMS, MMT section.

How long ago was that?

Almost did that once back in the late 80's. Was down south somewhere in Alabama, Military base very close to the airport I was going to VFR (Visual Flight Rules), but it was hazy and into the sun. Local tower said, looks like your shooting for the wrong airport....Duh!

-
Back